For 2012, JL Audio announced upgraded W6v3 car subwoofer drivers with very noticeable performance increases in the form of greater output, sharper dynamics and improved overall sound quality. The new models are the 12W6v3 (12-inch) and 10W6v3 (10-inch) subwoofers.
The hearts of the W6v3's are their motor systems, featuring larger field plates and magnet assemblies than those used on W6v2 subs. These more powerful motor systems have been critically refined via JL Audio's proprietary DMA system to deliver exceptional linear excursion and dynamic stability. Further enhancing performance is a new motor cooling circuit design, featuring a patented pole vent designed to improve cooling efficiency and reduce power compression. The voice coil configuration remains a dual 4 ohm design with a terminal jumper system to allow parallel or series wiring.
New suspensions feature a wide rubber surround and a new progressive-roll spider to control the increased excursion capability. The cones are also new, and include a silver accent ring that creates a classy new look in combination with the satin black cast alloy basket.
- Small sealed enclosure volume requirements
- Very long linear excursion capability: 0.74 in / 18.8 mm, one-way
- High power handling
- DMA-optimized motor designs
- New, patent-pending pole cooling system and patented elevated frame cooling
- Patented “floating cone attach method” technology
- Plateau reinforced spider attach (RC)
- Cast alloy frame
- Jacketed lead-wire system
- Injection molded, mineral-filled polypropylene cone
- Rubber surround
- Precision-built in USA at JL Audio's Miramar, Florida factory
|Nominal Diameter:||10-inch (250 mm)||12-inch (300 mm)|
|Recommended Power Range:||200 – 600 Watts||200 – 600 Watts|
|Xmax:||0.74 in (18.8 mm) one-way, linear||0.74 in (18.8 mm) one-way, linear|
|Impedance:||Dual 4 ohm||Dual 4 ohm|
|Rec. Sealed Enclosure:||0.625 cu.ft. (17.7 l)||1.25 cu.ft. (35.4 l)|
|Mounting Depth:||6.89 in (175 mm)||7.52 in (191 mm)|
|Availability:||Second Quarter 2012||Second Quarter 2012|
|MSRP (USD):||$599 each||$699 each|
Key Improvements over the W6v2: