HP announced the first all-in-one workstation with a 27-inch diagonal display that snaps open so users can easily swap out parts and make upgrades without any tools required.
The HP Z1 workstation combines a sleek industrial design with accelerated performance featuring Intel Xeon processors, NVIDIA Quadro graphics, and a 2560×1440 pixel, diagonal LED-backlit IPS display supporting more than 1 billion colors, plus support for an external display via display port.
Built for computer-aided design, digital media and entertainment professionals, the HP Z1 provides blazingly fast rendering and performance. It offers a full range of workstation-class graphics cards and processors, and is thoroughly tested and certified to work with today’s leading industry applications.
- Workstation performance. Features professional NVIDIA Quadro graphics, ECC memory, quad-core Intel Xeon processors, independent software vendor solutions and whisper-quiet acoustics.
- Tool-less chassis. Users can easily add a hard drive, upgrade memory or access the graphics card by snapping open the chassis to swap out parts.
- Workstation-class storage. Users can choose from a variety of storage types, including 7.2K and 10K SATA, SSD, optional RAID configurations, removable drives (AMO), a multiformat media card reader and optical drives including a slot-load Blu-ray Writer.
- Professional display. The 27-inch white LED diagonal display supports more than 1 billion colors and features a wide, 178-degree viewing angle and an in-plane switching (IPS) panel.
- High-fidelity audio. Front-facing dual-cone speakers and SRS Premium Sound offer high-fidelity audio.
- High-definition Webcam. Have face-to-face meetings and see every detail right down to the twinkle of an eye. Also captures HD-quality video.
- HP Remote Graphics Software. Users can work remotely while still accessing the high-performance 2-D, 3-D, video and media-rich applications they count on.
- HP Performance Advisor. Reduces the time spent troubleshooting by providing a consolidated report of the workstation’s hardware and software configuration that can be used to tune the workstation for specifically professional application workloads with just one click.
“The revolutionary HP Z1 sets a new industry standard for workstation design, performance and serviceability,” said Jim Zafarana, vice president and general manager, Commercial Solutions Business Unit, HP. “With its game-changing design and an experience that optimizes visual and computing performance, the HP Z1 will help attract new customers and expand our market leadership.”
Pricing and Availability
The HP Z1 Workstation will be available worldwide in April 2012, starting at $1,899.