PALO ALTO, Calif., June 14, 2005 — HP today introduced a new consumer notebook lineup that offers customers a choice of processor technology, award-winning support and value beyond the competition.
Select HP Pavilion and Compaq Presario consumer notebook PCs will, for the first time, include the option of AMD Turion 64 mobile technology.(1) AMD’s latest mobile processor technology delivers 32-bit performance today and can run tomorrow’s 64-bit applications, in addition to offering enhanced virus protection.(2)
As with the company’s consumer desktop PCs, HP consumer notebooks come with a full year of support, significantly longer than some competitors’ 90-day offerings.
Offering more complete customer support is one way HP provides consumers with the best customer experience possible. In fact, the Customer Respect Group, an international research and consulting firm, recently awarded HP top honors in a study of how well high-tech companies treat their customers online.(3) HP was the only company to earn an “Excellent” rating in both privacy and email responsiveness. The study showed HP’s one-hour email response time was particularly impressive considering the significant challenges noted for much of the high-tech industry.
HP updated its consumer notebooks in the categories of: thin and light, value, entertainment and desktop replacement. Specific series include:
- The award-winning HP Pavilion dv1000 Entertainment Notebook PC
- HP Pavilion ze2000 Series Notebook PC – available with AMD Turion 64 mobile technology
- HP Pavilion zv6000 Series Entertainment Notebook PC
- HP Pavilion dv4000 Series Notebook PC
- HP Pavilion zd8000 Series Notebook PC
- Compaq Presario M2000 Series Notebook PC – available with AMD Turion 64 mobile technology
- Compaq Presario R4000 Series Notebook PC
- Compaq Presario V4000 Series Notebook PC
- Compaq Presario V2000 Series Notebook PC – available with AMD Turion 64 mobile technology
Detailed information on available configurations and features, including the AMD Turion 64 mobile technology processor, is available at hp.com/notebooks.
Availability, service and support
Configure-to-order models of select new notebooks are available now direct from HP via http://www.hpshopping.com, participating retail kiosks or by calling +1 888 999 4747. The entire lineup is expected to be available later this month.
HP offers a one-year limited warranty for notebooks that includes technical support, parts and labor as part of its HP Total Care portfolio of services. HP Total Care delivers live online chat with support agents, email response within one hour and toll-free 24×7 technical support.
HP also offers optional extended service plans for notebooks.(4) This option includes three additional years of technical assistance from trained HP support specialists and can include accidental damage protection or express repair. Support information is available at hp.com/support and compaq.com/consumersupport.
HP is a technology solutions provider to consumers, businesses and institutions globally. The company’s offerings span IT infrastructure, global services, business and home computing, and imaging and printing. For the four fiscal quarters ended April 30, 2005, HP revenue totaled $83.3 billion. More information about HP (NYSE, Nasdaq: HPQ) is available at hp.com.
(1) The 64-bit microprocessor is a new technology designed to improve performance of those software products designed to use this technology; please contact your software provider to determine software compatibility. Not all customers or software applications will benefit from the use of a 64 bit processor. Compatible software, including compatible operating system software, is required.
(2) When used in conjunction with Microsoft Windows XP SP2, provides additional protection against buffer overflow viruses similar to MSBlaster, Slammer and SoBig!
(3) Second Quarter 2005 Online Customer Respect Study from the Customer Respect Group.
(4) Sold separately.
AMD Turion is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.