Twenty provides a simple solution for streaming high-fidelity audio wirelessly to existing speakers from iOS devices and iTunes
Griffin Technology just released the Twenty Audio Amplifier to make it easy to stream music from iPod, iPad or iPhone to any (non-powered) speaker. The accessory requires an Apple Airport Express to be plugged into it to capture the AirPlay stream, decode it, and play lossless amplified music through attached speakers.
Twenty boasts a zero-configuration audio set-up: the user plugs the AirPort Express into a built-in power connection and mounting platform on Twenty’s top panel. Twenty then captures the AirPlay stream from iTunes and other AirPlay-enabled apps such as Pandora, Spotify, and last.fm, and sends great Apple Lossless sound to the user’s speakers through its low-profile digital amplifier. Twenty is designed to provide docking with the original Airport Express but is compatible with any digital audio source including the new Airport Express. The audio amplifier features a 2.1 channel sound system with 20 watts output per channel and supports a powered subwoofer with an automatic active crossover at 80 Hz.
[youtube id=”BTDQfC8QRsA” width=”620″ height=”373″]
Price & Availability
Twenty is now available for purchase at store.griffintechnology.com/twenty-airplay-amplifier or $99.99.
- Class D Stereo Amplifier – TI PurePath
- Input: S/PDIF optical, TOSLINK connector (included)
- Outputs: Spring-loaded right & left channel speaker connectors; RCA subwoofer connector
- Sensitivity: 0.34 dBFS for 20 watts (with volume control set at max)
- Power: 20 watts per channel into 8 ohms @ 0.08% THD, both channels driven
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz, +0, -0.34 dB
- Signal-to-Noise ratio: 95 dB
- Crosstalk: -71 dB
- Left + Right sub-bass audio
- Autoswitching when powered subwoofer is detected
- Power: Line-level output (2 V rms at 0 dBFS input)
- High-Pass Filter: 80 Hz 2nd order Linkwitz-Riley applied to L+R channels
- Low-Pass Filter: 80 Hz 2nd order Linkwitz-Riley applied to subwoofer output
- 100 to 240 VAC @ 50/60 Hz supplies both amp and power connection for Airport Express