Epson today released three Runsense GPS watches for runners of all levels, models Runsense SF-510, SF-710 and SF-810, priced from $250 to $350. Depending on the model, the watch can provide up to 35 measurements including elapsed time, stride length, distance, pace, laps, intervals, speed and many more. The watches are also water resistant up to 50 meters, making Runsense the perfect companion to train in any weather conditions or terrain.
The SF-510 incorporates tap and smart stride sensor technology, ideal for those looking to improve their stride and getting detailed information on their runs. In addition to the smart stride technology, the SF-710 and SF-810 feature highly customizable interval, pace and lap training features, total ascent/decent data and gradient for advanced performance driven runners. Finally, the SF-810 also includes convenient and comfortable heart rate monitoring at the wrist – no chest strap required. Also, the SF-810 was worn and endorsed by Meb Keflezighi, who won the Olympic Silver Medal and 2014 Boston Marathon.
Users can download their workouts, stats and measurements either via Epson’s Runsense View portal or the Run Connect mobile app available on iOS and Android. For a faster initial GPS connection, runners can enable AGPS (Assisted GPS) through the app to download GPS satellite data directly to the watch. Runsense is also compatible with popular mobile apps such as MapMyRun, MapMyFitness, MyFitnessPal and Strava.
Runsense is the latest in a line of sports and fitness devices in the company’s “Epson Active” product category, dedicated to helping athletes improve their performance through precise data and easy-to-interpret metrics.
Price and Availability
- Runsense SF-510 $249
- Runsense SF-710 $279
- Runsense SF-810 $349
- Built-in optical heart rate monitor (SF-810 only)
- Smart stride sensor
- Long battery life (20 hours for SF-810 with GPS and heart rate sensors on; 30 hours for SF-710 and SF-510 with GPS on)
- Accurate Epson GPS sensor
- Compact lightweight design
- Analyze and evaluate runs with the Epson Runsense View portal
- Smartphone app for simple product set up and fast GPS connection
- Distance, Pace, Speed, Intervals, Laps, Ascent and more
- Set distance or time goals to receive respective time or distance estimates depending on real-time progress
- Water resistant to 5 atm/50 meters
- Assignable tap function to switch screens, turn on light or set laps
- Vibration alert (available on SF-710 and SF-810)
- Indoor Mode for training without GPS
- Store up to 400 laps of information without needing to sync
- Bluetooth 4.0 connection to smart devices
- Connection to PC via USB