Epson America Inc. today introduced the Artisan 50, an affordable high-performance single function ink jet printer that’s ideal for printing digital photos and everyday projects. Priced at $99.99 (estimated street price), this compact and stylish printer enables users to create Ultra Hi-Definition photos with amazing richness, depth and clarity. The Epson Artisan 50 also lets users print their own images and text onto ink jet printable CDs and DVDs. It can also print documents, e-mails and itineraries quickly and easily at print speeds up to 38 ppm color, and laser-quality speeds of 5 ppm black and 4.8 ppm color1.
“This Artisan 50 is an extremely easy-to-use, yet powerful single-function printer with a unique set of features designed to ignite your creative inspirations,” said Steve Semos, product manager, consumer ink jets, Epson America Inc. “In today’s world of single-function printers, this product is arguably the best value out there.”
Key Features and Benefits:
- Professional looking CDs/DVDs – print right onto ink jet printable CDs/DVDs (software included)
- Perfect photos made easy – includes Auto Photo Correction and red-eye removal
- Ideal for printing everything from creative projects to everyday documents and e-mail
- Save paper with two-sided printing2
- Superior image quality without compromising speed with advanced MicroPiezo ink jet technology, exclusively from Epson
- Better than lab quality photos – photos are smudge, scratch, water3 and fade4 resistant
- Fast print speeds1 – maximum print speeds up to 38 ppm color, photos as fast as 11 seconds, laser-quality print speeds of 5 ppm black and 4.8 ppm color
- Individual ink cartridges – replace only the color you need
The Epson Artisan 50 will be available in June.
Better Products for a Better Future
The Epson Artisan 50 delivers the following eco-friendly benefits:
- Save up to 50 percent of your paper supply with manual, two-sided printing2
- Designed to be recycled5
- ENERGY STAR qualified
- RoHS compliant
Epson knows that planning for the future requires a strong commitment to the environment. That is why the company strives to create innovative products that are reliable, recyclable and energy efficient. Better products that use fewer resources help ensure a better future for us all.
1 Maximum pages (PPM) are measured after first page with text patterns in Draft mode on plain paper. Laser quality black and color print speeds are determined in default, single-side mode in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Actual print times will vary based on system configuration, software, and page complexity. See epson.com/printspeed for details, including complete ISO reports.
2 Some applications and/or functions, like two-sided printing, may not be supported by Macintosh.
3 Water resistant only on glossy photo papers
4 Ink fade resistance ratings based on accelerated testing of unframed color prints on plain paper in indoor display conditions; claim that documents resist fading up to four times longer is based on accelerated testing of unframed color prints on plain paper in indoor display conditions. Actual print stability will vary according to light intensity, temperature, humidity, and other factors. Epson does not guarantee the longevity of prints. See wilhelm-research.com.
5 See the Epson Web site for convenient and reasonable recycling options at epson.com/recycle.