Brother Introduces Its First Digital Color Laser Copier/Printers; Line-Up Expansion Delivers Affordability and Reliability for Small Office Workgroups
Today, Brother International Corporation further demonstrated its continuing commitment to the color laser market with the introduction of its new DCP-9000 Series Digital Color Laser Copier/ Printers. Targeted to the small office and small workgroups, the new DCP-9000 Series consists of the DCP-9040CN ($599 street price*, available in November 2007) and the DCP-9045CDN ($699 street price*, available December 2007). These new, network ready digital color copier/printers represent the final additions to Brother’s new color laser product lines, and use the same new single-pass laser print engine utilized in the HL-4000 Printer Series and MFC-9000 All-in-One Series launched earlier this year.
“With the introduction of these products we can now address the needs of small workgroups seeking reliable and easy to use digital color copier and printer technology for their offices,” said Jeff Sandler, Director of Marketing for Laser MFC and DCP Products. “In addition to their outstanding digital color copier capabilities, the new DCP-9000 series also deliver color print and scan functionality in an integrated device that is affordable to both own and operate.”
Fast, Versatile and Feature Rich
The new DCP-9000 Series feature up to 21 pages per minute print speeds for both color and monochrome printing, and produce colorful, up to 2400 x 600 dpi output. They also feature built-in Ethernet network connectivity and offer PCL6 and BR-Script3 (PostScript3 compatible) emulations. In addition, the DCP-9045CDN, the step-up model, offers a USB Direct Interface for compatibility with USB Flash Memory Drives and PictBridge enabled cameras.
DCP-9040CN With a focus on delivering brilliant color laser printing with versatile capabilities for desktops and small offices, this model features:
- Up to 21ppm print speed in both color and monochrome
- High-quality – Up to 2400 x 600 dpi printing
- Up to 17 cpm copy speed in both color and monochrome
- Copy reduction and enlargement from 25% to 400% in 1% increments
- 35-page auto document feeder capacity
- 300-sheet paper input capacity (includes 50-sheet multi-purpose tray)
- Ethernet and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interfaces
- Color scanning (up to 19200 x 19200 dpi interpolated)
- 2-line LCD display
- PCL6 and BR-Script3 (PostScript3 compatible) emulations
- 64MB memory standard, expandable
- High-capacity replacement toner cartridges available
- One year on-site limited warranty(1)
DCP-9045CDN Sharing the same basic features including print speed and print quality as the DCP-9040CN, the DCP-9045CDN provides the following enhanced features:
- Built-in auto duplex for two-sided print/copy/scan(4) capabilities
- 50-sheet auto document feeder capacity
- Legal size platen for scanning and copying legal size documents
- USB Direct Interface
- Print and Scan PDF and JPEG files directly from a USB flash memory drive without a PC
- PictBridge support to connect directly to any compatible digital camera
- Large 5-line LCD display
- 128MB memory standard
- Optional 500-sheet letter/legal paper tray+
Low Cost Per Page Printing
As with the other color devices sharing the same internally developed single pass print engine, users have the option of choosing “standard” or “high-yield” replacement toners – whichever best fits their budget or type of use. Brother will offer a standard yield black toner cartridge with a yield of 2,500 pages(2) (TN-110BK @ SRP $59.99) or a high-yield black cartridge with a yield of 5,000 pages(2) (TN-115BK @ SRP $92.99). Three standard color toner cartridges will be available with yields of 1,500 pages(2) each (TN-110C, TN-110M, and TN-110Y @ SRP $69.99 each) and a high-yield version offering yields of 4,000 pages(2) each (TN-115C, TN-115M, and TN-115Y @ SRP $129.99 each). Each DCP-9000 Series printer comes with a set of standard yield toner cartridges and a drum unit (DR-110CL with a yield of 17,000 pages(3)). The DCP-9000 Series uses an easy access front loading system for all consumables.
Bridgewater, New Jersey is the corporate headquarters for Brother in the Americas, from Canada to South America. It has fully integrated sales, marketing services, manufacturing, research and development capabilities located in the U.S. In addition to its headquarters in Bridgewater, New Jersey, Brother has facilities in California, Illinois, Massachusetts and Tennessee, as well as subsidiaries in Ohio, Canada, Brazil, Chile, Argentina and Mexico. For more information you can visit the web site at http://www.brother.com.
NOTE: All trademarks and registered trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective companies.
* Estimated Street Price, prices may vary.
+Optional accessories require additional purchase
(1) See warranty for details.
(2) Approximate yields, based upon 5% page coverage (letter)
(3) Drum yield is approximate, and may vary by type of use
(4) Max. letter size for ADF duplex scanning.