Updated Design, Improved Voice Functionality
Bang & Olufsen just released the new Beoplay H4 wireless over-ear headphones priced at $300. The 2nd generation model keeps the same name and almost the same look so it could be hard to spot the differences. The new Beoplay H4 brings forth a sleeker design along with two new color choices (matte black or limestone) and the convenience of Voice Assistant accessibility via dedicated button.
- Voice assistant functionality that lets you manage your life on the go — call out your favorite track, get the latest news or the local weather report. All with your voice.
- An improved design with refined materials and a less visible braided textile cable.
- An additional microphone placed at an optimal distance and angle improves voice quality.
- aptX Low Latency technology for better synchronization with videos on your device.
- Improved interface on the right ear-cup with a dedicated button for voice assistant control and a slider button for on/off.
- A refined aluminium disc that highlights the premium material.
- Included USB-C charging cable replaces micro-USB.
- Weighs 9 grams more than previous model (235g vs 244g).
- Same support for Bluetooth 4.2 Supports AAC and SBC codecs.
- Same 19 hour battery life.
- Same 40mm drivers.
- Same sensitivity at 91 dB/mW @ 1kHz.
- Logo on ear cup centered in 2nd gen model.
- Sound quality likely to be the same.
The ear cushions and headband on Beoplay H4 is made from soft lambskin. The memory foam inside the cushions adapts to the shape and curves of the ear for a tight yet comfortable fit and creates passive noise isolation. The discs on the ear cups are made of aluminium, which is stamped, polished and anodised, and the Bang & Olufsen logo on the plate has been laser-etched in a matching colour, tuned by the laser cut itself. The cord connecting the headphones is encased in braided textile that has been made partially visible between the slider and the headband to add a singular design touch, and sliders are made of stainless steel, PVD coated and hairline brushed, which make them sleek and elegant yet robust in design.
The new Beoplay H4 comes with a simple and intuitive user interface comprised of three buttons. Simply press the centre button to answer/end calls, play/pause, press upper or lower button for volume control and to skip tracks and press upper and lower buttons simultaneously to pair your headphones through Bluetooth.