Apogee Electronics just released Quartet, the ultimate desktop audio interface and control center for Mac, which features four inputs, eight outputs, MIDI, top panel display and control. Quartet connects to any Mac via USB 2.0 high-speed for extremely low-latency and stellar performance. From MacBook Air to Mac Pro, Quartet easily connects at amazingly high-speeds no matter the machine or sample rate; 44.1-192kHz.
Quartet’s four combination inputs offer microphone, instrument and line input with an exceptional gain range of up to 75 dB, leaving plenty of headroom for demanding microphones and sound sources. For additional channels, Quartet’s eight digital inputs create the option of connecting an external interface, like the Apogee Ensemble.
Quartet’s six balanced outputs deliver options for the video producer to mix in surround, the live performer to send multiple mixes to monitors and front-of-house and the mixer to send a mix to outboard compressors and EQs. Using Apogee’s Maestro software, the outputs will also split into three stereo pairs for connecting three speaker sets for auditioning mixes across various types of studio monitors.
A first for an Apogee audio interface, Quartet includes a USB MIDI connection for connecting a keyboard, synth or DJ controller. This feature consolidates all gear connections away from the Mac, making Quartet the control center for any studio.
[youtube id=”PTY–FKgUFQ” width=”610″ height=”373″]
“Quartet offers a highly requested I/O configuration, award-winning sound and sleek design, all at an affordable price,” said Apogee CEO and Co-Founder Betty Bennett.
- Apogee AD/DA audio conversion and microphone preamps
- 4 analog inputs
- 8 digital inputs
- 6 analog outputs
- Stereo headphone output
- USB MIDI connection
- USB 2.0 high-speed connectivity
- 24-bit/192kHz recording
- Full color OLED displays
- Configurable QuickTouch pads
- Maestro 2 software
- Soft Limit
Features & Specifications:
- 4 Analog Inputs: Combination line (balanced +20dBu max), Mic/Instrument (+20dBu/+14dBu max)
- 4 Microphone preamps with up to 75dB of gain
- 8 Digital Inputs: ADAT/SMUX Input, 2 Toslink connectors, 44.1kHz to 96kHz
- 8 Analog Outputs: 6 Balanced line outputs, +20 dBu maximum output level, 1 Independent 1/4” stereo headphone output
- MIDI I/O (USB-A type connector)
- Word clock output
- USB 2.0 High-speed Mac audio interface
- A/D and D/A conversion: 24 bit/192kHz
- 2 top panel high resolution OLED displays
- Controller knob
- 6 touchpads for direct selection of inputs and outputs
- 3 assignable touchpads to control:
- Mute Outputs
- Dim Outputs
- Sum to Mono
- Clear Meters
- Engage Speaker Set (allows monitoring of up to 3 pairs of speakers)
Price & Availability
The Apogee Quartet Audio Interface is now available for $1,295.