Compact, Sleek Jawbone Is Up to Ten Times More Effective Than Other Headsets
Key features of the New Jawbone
- Military-grade NoiseAssassin™ technology eliminates real-world noise like busy streets, pub chatter and airports, and blocks out as much as 90% of the noise transmitted by other headsets
- 50% smaller than the original award-winning Jawbone – a top-selling Bluetooth headset in the US
- Designed to look and feel luxurious, using premium materials including medical grade plastic, Jawbone is a stylish accessory that fits your lifestyle
Aliph today announces the eagerly awaited new Jawbone Bluetooth headset to the UK. The next generation Jawbone features breakthrough noise elimination technology to provide even better voice quality in a more stylish and ergonomic package, 50% smaller than the original award-winning Jawbone. It is available today at The Carphone Warehouse stores across the UK and online at http://www.carphonewarehouse.com and http://www.jawbone.com.
With the new Jawbone, keeping up with your mates, or your business activities, whilst on the move has never been clearer. Featuring military-grade NoiseAssassin technology, the new Jawbone is unmatched in its ability to address real-world noise — it literally feels your speech with its patented Voice Activity Sensor (VAS). Jawbone uses the VAS to distinguish the sound of your voice from ambient noise with incredible accuracy and then uses proprietary Digital Signal Processing (DSP) algorithms to subtract the noise so only the sound of your voice comes through.
NoiseAssassin was originally developed for DARPA (The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency), which creates new technology for the U.S. military. It was designed to work in tough, battlefield environments, where clear communication is critical.
“Our goal is always to create an elegant fusion of performance and user-focused design. The new Jawbone delivers on the promise of mobility by allowing people to make calls from noisy environments, such as cars and airports, with a device that fits in with the way you live,” said Alexander Asseily, chairman and co-founder of Aliph. “We’re excited to launch in the UK and eventually across Europe with a product that we believe Europe’s discerning users will appreciate.”
“Our customers have told us how much they loved the first Jawbone; we are therefore thrilled to be the first in the UK to bring them the next model in this brilliant series of technology,” said George Dymond, UK Trading Director, The Carphone Warehouse.
The new Jawbone was designed by renowned industrial designer Yves Behar, who has introduced a beveled diamond pattern across the front, resulting in a three-dimensional texture that glides under your fingers. One of the key differences from its predecessor, however, is its size. The new Jawbone is almost 50 percent smaller than the original, measuring 508mm long by 1.27mm wide by 1.27mm thick and weighing 10 grams. The new Jawbone has a rated talk time of four hours and rated standby time of more than eight days. It also comes with a magnetic charging base.
Availability and Pricing
The new Jawbone is available today for GBP 79.99 at The Carphone Warehouse stores across the UK and online at http://www.carphonewarehouse.com and http://www.jawbone.com. The product is available initially in matt black (Bla Bla Black) and will be coming soon in silver (Silver Tongue) and rose gold (Goldy Lips).
The New Jawbone
Compatible with all Bluetooth-enabled phones, the new Jawbone features a new fast-charge battery that charges up to 80% of capacity in approximately 35 minutes. The battery can be charged with the included USB cable on a computer or with the wall-charger. Important facts include:
- Price: GBP 79.99
- Weight: 10 grams
- Talk Time: Over 4 hours
- Standby Time: Over 8 days
- Range: Up to 10 metres
- Charge: 80% charge in 35 minutes, 100% charge in less than 1 hour
- Colors: Black / Silver / Rose Gold
- Supports Bluetooth 1.1, 1.2, and 2.0
- 50% smaller than the original Jawbone
- DARPA military-grade noise elimination technology
- Eliminates up to ten times more noise than other headsets
- Faster processing eliminates unexpected noise bursts
- Unmatched intelligibility — voices sound human, not robotic
- Sophisticated dual microphone array reduces wind noise
- Invisible touch controls
- Three-dimensional texture on shield inspired by noise abatement surfaces
- Premium materials including medical-grade plastic and fine leather
- Magnetic USB cable and wall charger included
- Three (3) earbuds — small, medium, and large
- Two (2) fine leather earloops — medium (M) and large (XL)
- Two (2) slim earloops ideal for use with eyewear — medium (M) and large (XL)
- Fits either ear
Aliph makes personal technology comfortable, usable and beautiful. The flagship product, the award winning Jawbone Bluetooth Headset with NoiseAssassin technology set a new standard for mobile voice quality. Unmatched in the industry, Aliph’s NoiseAssassin technology was originally perfected with DARPA for battlefield applications. It eliminates background noise and delivers unparalleled call clarity in all environments. Since its launch in December 2006, the Jawbone headset has been widely recognized as the best Bluetooth headset in the marketplace and is a top seller at Apple, AT&T, Best Buy, Verizon and The Carphone Warehouse retail stores.
The company was founded by Alexander Asseily and Hosain Rahman, who met as Stanford undergrads and believed that better user experiences around voice and device usability are critical to improving mobile communications.
Aliph is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco and funded by Khosla Ventures and Sequoia Capital. For more information and a demo go to http://www.jawbone.com.