Alienware Brings Hardcore Gaming to the Mainstream with Launch of Area-51 750i Desktop
- Utilizes the NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI motherboard
- Intel quad-core processing and dual graphics from NVIDIA or ATI
- Mainstream gamers can configure a system starting at $1,049
Alienware, Dell’s premier high-performance PC gaming brand, launches the Area-51 750i desktop. Engineered around its namesake NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI motherboard, this system delivers a combination of performance and flexibility guaranteed to appeal to a broad range of users.
Whether you’re looking for a system that can take on today’s most popular titles or a hardcore rig capable of dominating next-generation DirectX 10 games such as Crysis or Far Cry 2, the Area-51 750i can be easily customized to fit your needs. The base configuration delivers intense gaming performance at a budget-friendly starting price of $1,049, while more aggressive configurations include the Intel Core2 Extreme CPU, NVIDIA SLI or ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU graphics, up to 8GB of DDR2 memory and a 64-bit OS.
- The Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 quad-core processor for blistering speeds
- NVIDIA nForce 750i Motherboard featuring 45 nanometer Intel quad-core support
- Dual ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 graphics cards for quad-GPU performance
- Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 graphics cards for outstanding gaming performance
- 8GB of DDR2 memory for extreme multitasking capabilities
- Windows Vista 64-bit OS for maximizing your hardware’s potential
- PCI-Express 2.0 for twice the speed and bandwidth of the previous generation
“The Area-51 750i desktop is one of the most robust computers we’ve ever developed,” says Marc Diana, product marketing manager for Alienware. “There is something here for everyone — from the entry-level system to the high-end maxed out configuration — the Area-51 750i promises an experience that will fit your gaming needs and your budget.”< !-/quote-!>
“We’re excited to have the NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI motherboard as the centerpiece of this aggressive platform,” says Tom Petersen, director of SLI products at NVIDIA. “With support for PCI-Express 2.0, NVIDIA SLI, GeForce GPUs with support for PhysX and CUDA, DirectX 10 and more, the nForce 750i delivers an unbeatable system for gamers and enthusiasts alike.”< !-/quote-!>
For more information on the Alienware Area-51 750i desktop, please visit: www.alienware.com/750i.