If you own and operate a 1st generation Naim Mu-so or Mu-so Qb Wireless Loudspeaker, Naim have announced an important firmware update to ensure both devices don’t develop any issues streaming TIDAL going forward.
I know that sounds like a weird recall notice from a car manufacturer but it’s not the case with the two excellent sounding Naim wireless loudspeakers.
Please ensure you keep the Naim App open while you perform the update.
This essential update will ensure the products can continue to stream TIDAL, which has implemented a new login authorisation process that affects older generations of products from many brands, not just Naim.
Please note the new TIDAL implementation is also dependent on users running at least version 5.22 (iOS devices) or 2.22 (Android devices) of the Naim App.
As well as the mandated TIDAL update, the Mu-so release also features a range of other improvements and bug fixes.
The firmware update deals with the following issues:
- TIDAL login authorisation update. NB: Also requires Naim App 5.22 or 2.22 or later
- HLS encoded stations other than BBC now play (eg. Rock On Radio)
- Updated Apple AirPlay 2 library
- Stations / podcasts that need TLS1.3 HTTPS now play (eg. Wyldwood radio)
- WAC setup sometimes fails to reliably gain a connection to the network
- Fatal error obtained when WAC setup is reset after unit fails to connect to the network
- Podcasts under Ireland > Bookish would fail to play
- Multiroom clients would be disconnected from a new platform master when playing unsupported sample rates or entering standby
- Stations under France -> All -> NRJ Nostalgie failed to play
- Error when seeking playback during a gapless transition period
For more information: Naim Audio Support