Etón’s Rugged Ruckus is a clever little wedge of solar-powered sound, packing...
Eton Soulra XL Review
Dreaming about beaches and fun in the sun? Eton’s Soulra XL solar-powered iPod/iPhone dock is an ideal companion if you want to share your playlists OUT LOUD.
(3.5 out of 4)
Carry On, My Wayward Sun
While the Soulra XL can’t work miracles, it does effectively use the sun to power your outdoor musical entertainment. On a bright sunny day, you can get hours of sonic enjoyment while being completely off the grid. Also, the remote is a nice touch so you can still adjust volume and playback while your iPod or iPhone is safely tucked away in its dock. If you are willing to take a break from the music, the integrated 72 square-inch solar panel can charge your iPhone or iPod while camping or canoeing or hiking or otherwise soaking up some rays. If you’re an environmentally conscious aficionado of music and outdoor fun, we think you’re going to like the Soulra XL.
Read full review @ Big Picture Big Sound
- Take your tunes virtually anywhere
- Can charge your iPhone/iPod from the sun
- Lasts a really long time on sunny days
- Decent sound quality for a portable system
- Remote allows you to play DJ while iPhone/iPod is safely tucked away
- Can take a while to build up a charge when completely depleted
- Unit was a little unpredictable on a couple of occasions
- Unit’s dark colors mean it gets very warm if left in direct sunlight all day.