First Unlocked Treo 750 Smartphone Shipping with Windows Mobile 6, Available Today at Palm Retail and Online Stores
Palm, Inc. (Nasdaq:PALM) today announced the Palm Treo 750 smartphone, previously available in the United States only on AT&T’s 3G network, is now available in an unlocked version via Palm’s retail and online stores (http://store.palm.com). The unlocked GSM Treo 750 smartphone comes with the Windows Mobile 6 operating system, allowing an even broader customer base to enjoy the benefits of increased functionality and HSDPA (High-speed Download Packet Access) capability out of the box.(1)
Also available from carriers around the world, the Treo 750 is a five-band world phone. It’s a key asset to worldwide businesses and employees who travel internationally, as well as an effective productivity tool for any user working on the road.
“The Treo 750 smartphone integrates Palm’s ease of use with the new features of Windows Mobile 6 to bring the familiar desktop experience to mobile professionals,” said Brent Remai, vice president of business and consumer marketing, Palm, Inc. “Palm and Microsoft’s alliance continues to provide office productivity in any away-from-the-desk setting through Direct Push Technology and a robust application portfolio.”
Windows Mobile 6 and Exchange Server 2007 support is available out of the box and delivers a wide range of enhanced features, including the following:
- Direct Push Technology connection to email, calendar, contacts and tasks;(2)
- Email enhancements such as HTML-formatted email messages;(1)
- Ability to set an out-of-office message from the Treo smartphone;(1)
- Mini-SD storage card encryption, password and PIN improvements, and remote data wipe;(1)
- Ability to search for email messages on the Exchange Server;(1)
- Meeting request and scheduling conflict improvements;(1) and
- Improved calendar with day-at-a-glance bar.
The Treo 750 offers the hallmark Palm experience in a multifunction phone with access to email, Palm’s exclusive threaded text messaging, web browsing and organization software all in a compact design.(1) Added features such as Windows Live increases communication capabilities by letting users send voice recordings via Live Messenger and integrating Outlook and Live Contacts to show who is online directly from the Contacts screen. The device is compatible with HSDPA, allowing faster data-download speeds on 3G/UMTS/HSDPA networks.(1)
Palm offers a unique suite of software enhancements to Treo 750 users, including the following:
- Threaded chat view for text and MMS messages;
- Today Screen enhancements, such as the ability to “dial by name,” search the web directly and perform one-touch dialing with personalized photo speed dials;
- Call and voicemail control from the Today Screen with VCR-like icons, such as rewind, delete and fast-forward; and
- Ability to ignore a call and quickly send a text message such as “In a meeting” or “Can’t talk right now” by selecting the “Ignore with text” option from the incoming-call screen.
About Palm, Inc.
Palm, Inc. is a global leader and innovator of easy-to-use mobile products that simplify people’s lives and help them stay connected on the go. The company offers a range of products — including Palm Treo and Centro smartphones, Palm handhelds, services and accessories — to meet the needs of consumers, mobile professionals and businesses.
Palm products are sold through select Internet, retail, reseller and wireless operator channels throughout the world, and at Palm Retail Stores and Palm online stores (http://www.palm.com/store).
(1) Within wireless service coverage area only. Availability and coverage depends upon carrier and the geographic scope of international roaming agreements. Email, messaging and web access requires data services at an additional cost. Designed to be compatible with networks implementing GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA standards, but networks may not be available in all countries in which it is deployed.
(2) Requires Exchange Server 2003 with Service Pack 2 or Exchange Server 2007 and access enabled by IT administrator.
Palm, Treo and Centro are among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned by or licensed to Palm, Inc. All other brand and product names are or may be trademarks of, and are used to identify products or services of, their respective owners.