Tributaries introduced their Series 6 line of interconnect cables, hand-made in its Orlando, Florida headquarters, which they say outperforms their own Series 5 and previous models of Series 7 and 9. Developed by celebrated cable designer, Jay Victor, the Series 6 incorporate the same unique performance features of the Series 8 cables, with main difference being the use of a slightly reduced grade of cooper.
- Digital and Video cables made with solid 20AWG conductors that are 1.25% silver plated to create a low resistance path for high frequency signals
- Digital and Video cables can be terminated in the field using the Tributaries’ PROFIT Compression connectors designed for RG59
- Audio cables made of individually insulated, dual-gauge conductors, designed to maximize the balance between the bass and midrange/high frequency signals, while improving sonic resolution
Price and Availability
Tributaries Series 6 currently includes audio, digital, video and speaker cables. HDMI cables will be available in 2013. Models are stocked in standard lengths, custom cables are made to order and usually shipped same day.
The cables available in the new Series 6 are:
- Balanced Audio Pair (XLR): Model 6AB 2-meter: $250
- Analog Audio Pair: Model 6A 2-meter: $150
- Subwoofer: 6S 2-meter: $90
- Digital Audio: 6AD 2-meter: $100
- Composite Video: 6V 2-meter: $100
- Component Video: 6VC 2-meter: $275
- Bi-Wire with Spade: 6BW 6-foot: TBA
- Bi-Wire with Banana: 6BW 6-fo0t: TBA
Where to Buy