Affordable Widescreen Slim Mobile Projector Offers 2,200 ANSI Lumens of Brightness, 3LCD Technology, Closed Captioning Function and Built-in Blackboard Function
A leader in creating innovative mobile computing products, Toshiba’s Digital Products Division, a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced the launch of the company’s latest mobile projector, the TLP-WX100U with closed captioning function and WXGA resolution. The projector is priced at $959 (MSRP) and is covered under Toshiba’s three-year standard limited warranty.
“As the laptop experts, Toshiba has designed the TLP-WX100U projector with wide resolution for educators, business users and consumers who would like to match the resolution of today’s laptop computers or to have a wider screen image for displaying more content,” said Jane Poon, product marketing manager, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. “Toshiba continues to design projector solutions that meet our customer’s needs — the TLP-WX100U is lighter, brighter and packed with key features such as closed captioning, ‘blackboard’ function and quick power shutdown — all at an affordable price.”
Packaged in a slim form factor, the TLP-WX100U utilizes 3LCD technology for outstanding color reproduction and offers an impressive 2,200 ANSI lumens for a bright display in any setting. With a (1280 x 800) native WXGA resolution and a sharp 600:1 contrast ratio, the TLP-WX100U outputs a superior and brilliant image for professional presentations and larger-than-life images for digital home entertainment, such as video gaming, weekend sports and DVD movies. At only 4.0 pounds, the TLP-WX100U is perfect for mobile professionals, educators, corporate customers, small to medium businesses or for digital entertainment on the go.
The Toshiba TLP-WX100U projector includes the following leading-edge technologies:
- Slim Form Factor: Weighing just 4.0 pounds, the TLP-WX100U projector’s slim form factor is less than 3 inches high and about the size of a hardback novel, making it easy to transport while traveling or moving from meeting to meeting. The projector comes with its own carrying case and can be stowed in an airline overhead bin or carry-on bag.
- Closed Captioning: Allows the audience to read text or dialogue from a DVD player or television signal, benefiting viewers who may be hard of hearing, learning a new language, beginning to read or in a noisy environment.
- “Blackboard” Function: This feature allows presentations to be made on non-screen surfaces, such as a painted wall or a blackboard, for ultimate mobility. Users simply select a wall color, such as green, black, brown, blue or beige, and the projector automatically corrects the color for a clearer display in almost any environment.
- Quick-Power Shutdown: Some projectors require that the fan stops completely before unplugging the projector to save on wear and tear of the lamp. The Toshiba TLP-WX100U projector can be powered off once disconnected from the outlet with no cool-down time required.
- Automatic Vertical Keystone Correction: Instantly projects a square image even when the projector is placed at a steep offset angle of plus or minus 45 degrees to the screen.
- Digital Zoom: Offers users the ability to focus on the highlights of the presentation by resizing the images.
The following are some of the Toshiba TLP-WX100U projector specifications:
TLP-WX100U Projector Specifications (MSRP $959 check price)
- Display Technology: 0.59 inches 3LCD
- Aspect Ratio: 16:10
- Native Resolution: WXGA 1280 x 800
- Brightness: 2,200 ANSI lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 600:1
- Projection Method: Front, rear and ceiling
- Color Reproduction: Full 16.7 million colors
- Projection Screen Size (diagonal): 30-300 inches
- Projection Distance: 3.08 – 37.99 feet
- Throw Ratio: 1.48 – 1.78:1
- Compatible Scanning Frequency: Horizontal (kHz): 15.63 – 106.25kHz / Vertical (Hz): 50 – 85Hz
- Input Terminal:
- RGB Input 1: 1 x D-sub 15 (shared as component video)
- RGB Input 2: 1 x D-sub 15 (shared by mechanical switch from RGB output)
- Video: 1 x S-video; 1 x RCA for composite video
- Audio: 1 x stereo mini-jack (multiple use for Computer 1 IN/2 IN, Video and S-video)
- Output Terminal: RGB: 1 x D-sub 15-pin (shared by mechanical switch from RGB input 2)
- Audio: 1 x Stereo mini-jack (variable output)
- Input Signal Format:
- Video: NTSC, PAL, SECAM
- Color Difference: HDTV/DTV (480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i)
- RGB: VGA, SVGA, XGA, WXGA (native) SXGA/UXGA (compressed)
- Other Terminal: RS-232C: 1 x RS232 (D-sub 9-pin)
- Weight: 4.0 pounds
- Dimensions: 10.6″ W x 2.8″H x 7.4″D
- Lamp Life (standard/low): 2000 hours/3000 hours
- Warranty: Three-year limited warranty on parts and labor. One-year
- limited warranty on the lamp or 500 hours, whichever comes first.
The Toshiba TLP-WX100U is currently available through Toshiba’s authorized distributors, dealers, VARs, mail-order outlets and www.toshibadirect.com.
Where to Buy