Sleek and Stylish Mini Notebook Perfectly Designed for Comfort with Extra-long Battery Life, Full-Size Keyboard and Touchpad, Choice of Colors and More
Toshiba’s Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced the Toshiba mini NB205, a compact, lightweight companion PC that makes it easy to stay connected, productive and informed while on the go. With a design hallmarked by a comfort-driven, full-sized keyboard and large touchpad, nine hours of battery life and a highly-stylized Texture Finish offered in a choice of colors, the mini NB205 marks the company’s first entry into the U.S. mini notebook market.
Ideal for digitally-active consumers who need a compact companion PC that’s easy to carry, the Toshiba mini NB205 series incorporates key usability, durability and style features that have yet to be seen in other mini notebooks at a competitive price point.
“We’re raising the bar in the mini notebook category with a premium brand that truly delivers on the portability promise these companion PCs were originally designed for,” said Jeff Barney, vice president and general manager of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. “The addition of the mini NB205 expands our product line to meet the ever-increasing demands of consumers and exemplifies Toshiba’s reputation for quality that they expect and reflects the company’s long history of building mobility platforms.”
“U.S. consumers are rapidly realizing the benefits of mini notebooks. They are figuring out that this evolving category of PCs fits well into their lives, their budgets and their backpacks –the record growth in retail volume is a testament to that,” said Bob O’Donnell, vice president of Clients and Displays research at IDC.
Comfort without Compromise
The super-compact mini NB205 features a bright and vivid 10.1-inch diagonal widescreen LED backlit display, a full-size QWERTY raised-tile keyboard and a generous laptop-sized touchpad, making typing and navigating the Web easy and comfortable. The mini notebook also runs Windows XP, a familiar operating system with broad application compatibility.
The mini NB205 is packed with common-sense usability features that address real-world consumer portability demands. It comes equipped with a Hard Drive Impact Sensor that guards data from the daily bumps of mobile life and a USB port with Sleep-and-Charge that enables users to charge various consumer electronics devices even when the unit is turned off.
The mini NB205 delivers peace of mind around the world — it is one of the few mini notebooks available that comes standard with a one-year international limited warranty, giving Toshiba customers access to over 271 service providers worldwide.
A Stylish and Eco-chic Companion
There are two available configurations of the Toshiba mini NB205 series.
- The mini NB205-N310 features a unique and stylish textured finish, an accenting chrome hinge and will be available in four metallic color finishes — Sable Brown, Frost White, Indigo Blue and Posh Pink – to fit the most discerning consumer’s style and fashion needs.
- The mini NB205-N210 features a Fusion Finish in Black Onyx cover and a sleek, flat keyboard with Black Matte finish.
In addition, continuing Toshiba’s commitment to help consumers and businesses reduce their carbon footprint, the mini NB205 is power efficient and meets the rigorous requirements of the upcoming EnergyStar 5.0 standard, is RoHS compatible and achieved industry-leading Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) Gold status.
Features available on the Toshiba mini NB205 include:
- 10.1-inch diagonal widescreen TruBrite backlit LED display (WSVGA)
- Windows XP Home operating system
- Intel Atom N280 processor (1.66GHz)
- 1GB DDR2 800MHz RAM, upgradeable to 2GB
- Spacious storage with a 160GB HDD
- 802.11b/g wireless and 10/100 Ethernet
- Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR (only available in mini NB205-N310)
- TOSHIBA Hard Drive Impact Sensor
- Lightweight and very portable at only 2.9 lbs.
- Long-life 6-cell battery delivering up to 9 hours of productivity
- One USB port with Sleep-and-Charge and two USB 2.0 ports
- Built-in Webcam, speaker and microphone
- Toshiba PC Health Monitor
- RGB port for connecting to external displays
- Memory Card Reader Slot
- Security Lock Slot
- One-year international limited warranty and award-winning Toshiba service and support
The company will offer several Toshiba-branded accessories for the mini NB205 series, including a Portable DVD SuperMulti Drive, available today at an MSRP6 of $99.99, a USB Mini Retractable Mouse available later this month at an MSRP of $14.99 as well as 12-inch Envoy Fabric or Leather Carrying Cases available today. A 10-inch Dual Function Hardside Case and a 10.1-inch Neoprene Sleeve will also be available this month direct from Toshiba on www.toshibadirect.com.
Pricing and Availability
The Toshiba mini NB205-N310 ($399.00 MSRP) and mini NB205-N210 ($349.00 MSRP) will both be available in late June at major retailers, e-tailers and direct from Toshiba on toshibadirect.com. Additionally, the mini NB205-N210 can be purchased through select Toshiba Preferred Partner Program resellers.
More information about the Toshiba mini NB205 can be found at laptops.toshiba.com/nb200.