TiVo today announced a powerful new companion app for the iPad, creating the ultimate remote control. The TiVo Premiere App enables you to search, browse, explore and share your favorite entertainment all without interrupting whatever is playing on your TV. Since the app works in tandem with what you are watching, iPad is now the ultimate remote control and companion device for TiVo Premiere users.
By bringing its best in class high-definition user interface to iPad, TiVo has created a true two-screen TV experience. TiVo Premiere users will get access to a full set of TiVo capabilities on iPad, providing a richer TV viewing experience for both live TV and Internet video while kicking back on the sofa. Plus, users will also be able to schedule and manage their DVR recordings while on-the-go.
The TiVo Premiere App for iPad includes:
- Gesture based control — Take complete control of all recordings, even dragging forward and back through a show with a simple tap or swipe
- Start watching what you want — Launch a recorded show, live TV or streaming video with the swipe of a finger
- Program guide — Browse your full-screen TV program guide without interrupting TV viewing
- Schedule — Schedule one-time recordings and Season Pass recordings from the device at home or on-the-go
- Get more from your shows and movies — Explore cast and crew and other recommendations of your favorite shows without interrupting the big screen
- Search — Search for all of your favorite TV shows, movies, actors or directors across both broadcast and broadband from Netflix, Amazon Video On Demand, and more
- Share comments with your friends — From within the TiVo Premiere App, comment and share your thoughts to Facebook or Twitter about the show you are currently watching
- TiVo Premiere is available for $99.99 with a one-year commitment of $19.99 per month — a $200 upfront savings.*
- TiVo Premiere XL is available for $299.99 with a one-year commitment at $19.99 per month.**
*Compared to TiVo Premiere $299 MSRP.
**Promotional offers for TiVo Premiere and Premiere XL expire December 31, 2010.