T-Mobile announced the Sonic 4G Mobile HotSpot which provides 4G (HSPA+ 42) connectivity to up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices. This is their fastest hotspot to date claiming average download speeds near 8 Mbps with peak speeds around 20 Mbps on T-Mobile’s 4G network.
Manufactured by Huawei, this sleek and ultra-portable on-the-go network hub weighs just 3.88 ounces, making it easy to slip into a pocket, backpack or purse. Use it to stay connected on the go with colleagues and clients or as a family Internet hub at a vacation spot or in the car. Connected devices can include iPads, music players, gaming consoles, laptops, cameras and eReaders.
As an added benefit, the Sonic 4G Mobile HotSpot comes equipped with an SD card slot that accommodates up to 32GB of expandable memory, enabling customers to share and save photos, documents, videos and more with their family and friends also connected to the Mobile HotSpot. The Sonic 4G also features an OLED display to show signal strength, number of devices connected, number of unread text messages, connectivity to the internet, battery level and network connection type.
- 4G connectivity for up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices at the same time
- Built-in support for T-Mobile’s 4G, 3G and EDGE networks and Wi-Fi
- Manage sharing MicroSD files with connected users
- MicroSD card slot accommodates up to 32GB of additional memory
- Battery life: 2200 mAh battery, providing up to 4.5 hours of continuous use
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Network Frequencies:
- Quad-band 4G UMTS/HSPA+ (850/900/1700/1900/2100)
- Quad-band GSM world device (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- OLED screen displays signal strength, number of devices connected, number of unread text messages, connectivity to the internet, battery level and network connection type
- Qualcomm MDM8220 processor
- Dimensions: 4.02 x 0.61 x 2.20 inches
- Weight: 3.88 ounces
Price and Availability
The T-Mobile Sonic 4G Mobile HotSpot is expected to be available in October 2011 at T-Mobile.com.