Creative Technology announced a unique under-monitor audio system for gamers. The new $299 speaker system is called the Sound BlasterX Katana and it includes a sound bar speaker and wireless subwoofer. This innovative audio package features a powerful multi-core audio DSP, which doubles as a high-end Sound Blaster sound card/DAC for 24-bit high-res audio. Its sophisticated tri-amplified design that powers 5-drivers comprises of 2 up-firing midbass drivers, 2 high-excursion tweeters, and a long-throw subwoofer, each individually powered by a DSP-controlled amplifier for precise audio reproduction at each part of the audio spectrum. Incorporating BlasterX Acoustic Engine and a Dolby Digital 5.1 decoder, the Sound BlasterX Katana gives users immersive audio for games and movies. The sleek audio system, crafted with brushed aluminium, also features a programmable Aurora Reactive lighting system with 16.8 million colors.
Sound BlasterX gaming speaker system also come with BlasterX Acoustic Engine technology that provides no-holds-barred access to an arsenal of tools to control every aspect of audio. It is designed to enhance gaming audio with immersive sound, bass boost, and added clarity – revealing details that gamers never knew were there.
- 5 high-performance drivers individually driven by DSPs
- 2 up-firing midbass drivers
- 2 high-excursion tweeters
- a long-throw subwoofer in an external subwoofer unit
- Powerful 150W peak power (75W RMS) total output
- 24-bit high-resolution audio
- Doubles as an advanced Sound Blaster sound card
- Automatically analyzes and restores dynamics in compressed audio tracks in real time
- Fully customizable BlasterX Acoustic Engine audio enhancements capable of 7.1 surround sound
- Certified Dolby Digital 5.1 decoder
- USB connectivity for exceptional 24-bit/96kHz high-definition lossless audio playback from PC and Mac
- Supports USB flash drive connectivity for convenient MP3, WMA, FLAC and WAV content access and playback
- Optical input for high-definition digital audio playback from TVs and game consoles
- Bluetooth® connectivity for wireless playback from mobile devices
- Stereo 3.5 mm analog line-in
- Fully customizable Aurora Reactive lighting system with 16.8 million LED lighting
- Aluminium-reinforced monocoque chassis reduces unwanted vibrations that reduces audio clarity
- Comes with an IR remote control
“The Sound BlasterX Katana is a work of art. It is crafted in a sleek aluminium chassis to house an array of high-performance drivers individually driven by DSPs and amplifiers to ensure no compromise of audio quality. Internally, we affectionately called Katana, a UMAS which stands for Under-Monitor Audio System as it has a built-in Sound Blaster audio processor, the same audio processor used in Sound Blaster X7 as well as the Sound Blaster Z-series cards. Its sleek design allows it to be neatly placed under wide 4K monitors or multi monitors. Gamers can experience truly accurate immersive audio for today’s gaming, movie and music content. When it comes to connectivity, it caters to every part of a gamers lifestyle; including optical input for console gaming, and even Bluetooth for smart devices. Sound BlasterX Katana also features programmable 16.8 million colours Aurora Reactive lighting system which complements other similarly lighted gaming peripherals. The speakers not only sound great, they will take the atmosphere around your entertainment station to a whole new level.”
Pricing and Availability
The Sound BlasterX Katana will be available soon for $299.99.