Sony announced the Bloggie Live (MHS-TS55), the first full HD pocket camcorder capable of live video streaming with built-in Wi-Fi capability. The Bloggie Live camera can capture full HD video, 12.8 megapixel stills, has a stereo microphone and an LED light.
Bloggie Live cameras can stream your moments in real-time in collaboration with Qik Video, a mobile video sharing service from Skype. Once live streaming begins, friends and family can view the video instantly on a computer, smartphone or tablet no matter how far away they are. Additionally, comments from the virtual audience will be displayed on the large 3-inch wide capacitive touch screen of the Bloggie Live camera even while shooting and streaming videos. The streamed video will automatically be saved and available for playback from http://qik.com while an HD copy is recorded to the camera’s internal memory for later uploading or viewing.
Bloggie Live works with any Wi-Fi hotspot including mobile hotspot services from leading wireless carriers. The device can directly upload content to sites like Facebook, YouTube, and PlayMemories Online, a network service by Sony (available Spring 2012) that allows users to view their content from various devices such as a smartphone, tablet, PC, or TV at anytime. It simply uploads new content to this cloud by selecting “Save to PlayMemories Online” on the menu. If Wi-Fi connection isn’t available, there’s a “Share” option for easy upload the next time you’re online. The Bloggie Live camera is also designed to compliment smartphones and tablets. The PlayMemories Mobile application, a free download from Android Market and the iTunes app store, allows users to wirelessly transfer files from the camera to a phone or tablet.
- Sensitive Exmor CMOS sensor to achieve high resolution video and crisply-detailed still photos with less grain, even in challenging lighting conditions
- Free style shooting & playback to automatically adjust user interface for vertical or horizontal shooting and viewing
- Dual Record to enable photo capture while shooting video
- Auto Focus / Auto Macro to allow auto focus capabilities and Auto Macro to focus sharply on objects as close as four inches away
- Compatible with PC and Mac computers, a “Share” function tags the clips and pictures you want to post for easy upload
Bloggie also has SteadyShot image stabilization for smoother footage, Face Detection technology to enhance faces by automatically correcting focus and exposure, a built-in USB arm for easy charging and uploading, internal memory, built-in rechargeable battery, and HDMI output to enjoy content on your HDTV (cable sold separately).
Price and Availability
The Sony Bloggie Live camera (MHS-TS55) with 8GB of internal memory is available now for approximately $250.