Revolutionary New Console Brings Together Mixing Console, Router and Workstation Control in a Powerful, Portable Package
At the recent AES 2008 Convention, Solid State Logic, the world’s leading manufacturer of analogue and digital audio consoles and provider of creative tools for music, broadcast and post production professionals, showcased the acclaimed Matrix studio integration console for the first time at a U.S. audio show. This represented an ideal opportunity to experience a ground breaking console first hand.
Matrix is a SuperAnalogue 16 channel, 40 input mixing console with inbuilt signal router and multi-layer digital workstation control. It is designed to bring the soul of analogue sound into the process of digital workflow by providing the tools to work effectively in both domains simultaneously.
Matrix is composed of five main elements:
- 16 Channel Console with Dual Summing Inputs, Aux Sends and additional returns… providing more than 40 summed inputs to Mix output.
- 16+1 Fader, 4 Layer DAW Controller using Ethernet connection. This provides single cable, high speed workstation control for most popular DAWs including Pro Tools, Logic, Live and Reason.
- Integrated, recallable, software controlled 32x16x16 analogue routing matrix. Eliminates the need for external patchbays, bringing outboard analogue processing into DAW workflow.
- Powerful monitoring with independent Main & Mini monitor outputs, Artist Monitor output with independent EQ & source selection, three External Monitor inputs with source summing and front panel iJack input.
- A Mac and Windows compatible application that provides platform independent project management and routing control, this includes FX chains and routing set-ups to simplify patching outboard units through the router.
The name Matrix is derived from its unique, software controlled integrated SuperAnalogue router. This manages the sends and returns of up to 16 analogue outboard processor units together with the assignment of the console’s channel strip inputs and insert points. Using the Matrix Java control panel software, any combination of outboard gear can be rapidly inserted into any of your console channels, essentially giving you the ability to run your outboard as ‘analogue plug-ins’ with your DAW.
Matrix has very sophisticated workstation control capabilities. The Ethernet connection to the workstation eases the cabling process and provides control over up to four workstations from the same control surface. This enables users who use a creative suite of Rewired applications such as Logic and Reason, to simply switch control from one to another at a single button press.
Designed to be at the heart of the creative process, Matrix is built to withstand the most intensive studio use. Fully equipped to partner monitors, workstations and outboard gear, Matrix shapes the project studio around the user’s workflow, providing a complete tool set to integrate analogue and digital technology, it’s also portable enough to move to wherever the creativity happens.
Matrix will be available through selected SSL Resellers with a MSRP of $25,995.
Solid State Logic is the world’s leading manufacturer of analogue and digital audio consoles and provider of creative tools for music, broadcast and post production professionals. For more information about our award-winning products, please visit: www.solid-state-logic.com.