T-Mobile today revealed additional details about the Samsung Galaxy S II 4G smartphone. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 Processor with 1.5 GHz dual CPUs, running on Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) and NFC enabled. The beautiful 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus screen makes movies and TV on your phone look great. Plus, HDMI output and DLNA compatibility let you watch movies, shows, video, or view photos on your own TV, right from your phone.
The Galaxy S II will be one of T-Mobile’s fastest smartphones and the first to take advantage of T-Mobile’s faster 4G (HSPA+ 42) network technology, which claims average download speeds approaching 8 Mbps with peak speeds around 20 Mbps on T-Mobile’s 4G network. However, these speeds are not available everywhere yet, so you’ll need to check if T-Mobile has enabled this service in your area.
The smartphone also acts as a mobile entertainment center with quick and easy access to thousands of premium movies and TV shows through Netflix, T-Mobile TV in Mobile HD2, Samsung Media Hub and YouTube.
Other high-end features include:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 Processor with 1.5 GHz dual-core CPUs
- Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread
- 4.52″ Super AMOLED Plus WVGA touch screen
- 800×480 pixel resolution
- 1080p HD video recording
- 8-megapixel digital camera
- 2-megapixel front-facing camera to easily chat on the go
- 16GB internal memory
- 1GB RAM
- Micro SD Memory card slot (up to 32 GB)
- Voice Search
- Real-time traffic and directions
- Microsoft Exchange integration
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Sharing
- Bluetooth 3.0
- HDMI output (MHL adaptor required)
- DLNA for wirelessly streaming media from phone to TV or computer
Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy S II will available from T-Mobile October 12, 2011 for $229.99 after a $50 mail-in-rebate card with a two-year service agreement and qualifying Classic voice and data plan. Check Amazon Wireless for a better deal.
Note: This phone is offered now from Sprint (known as the Epic Touch 4G) and coming October 2nd from AT&T.Where to Buy