Slim, Dual-Hinge Flip Phone Gets Updated Full-QWERTY Keyboard and Stylish Silver Finish
Ahead of CTIA WIRELESS 2008, Verizon Wireless, the owner and operator of the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung) announced the Alias™ by Samsung will be available in mid-April. The successor to the popular Samsung SCH-u740, the Alias will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com or in any of the 2,400 Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, including those in Circuit City.
The Alias sports the familiar dual-hinge design of the SCH-u740 but is packaged in a cool silver finish and features an updated easy-to-read full-QWERTY keyboard, making the phone ideal for sending text messages and e-mails. When customers open the Alias vertically, the phone is a sleek and stylish clamshell phone.
When the Alias is opened horizontally, the QWERTY keyboard is revealed to show its new color-defined numbers and letters. In addition to sending text messages, customers can use Wireless Sync, Verizon Wireless’ proprietary personal information management solution, to synchronize their phones with their home or office PCs for easy access to e-mail, calendar, contacts and task information. The horizontal view is ideal for using the Alias’ multimedia features, including Verizon Wireless’ V CAST Music and Video services. With V CAST Music, customers can choose from more than 2.8 million songs from well-known and independent artists to download over-the-air directly to their phones or transfer their own music collection from their PCs to their phones. With V CAST Video, customers can download or stream video clips from the best names in news, sports and entertainment.
Additional features of the Alias include:
- 1.3 megapixel digital camera with flash
- Get It Now – downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
- Mobile Web 2.0(SM) – customizable, enhanced wireless Internet access to the latest in news, sports, weather and more
- Instant Messaging using AIM, MSN, Yahoo!
- Text, picture and video messaging
- Bluetooth wireless technology – Object Push Profile for vCard, headset, car kits, serial port and certain dial-up networking profiles
- Expandable memory with external microSD™ card slot
- Dimensions: 3.8″ x 2.04″ x .58″; 3.65 ounces with standard battery
- Bilingual user interface: English and Spanish
- TTY/TTD Capable
- Personal organizer with Calendar, Calculator, Notepad, Currency
- Converter, Alarm Clock, World Time and Stop Watch
The Alias will be available in mid-April for $129.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 65.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications NYSE: VZ and Vodafone NYSE: VOD LSE: VOD. For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com.