Pioneer Strengthens Its Position in DJ Mixers with the Addition of the Advanced DJM-700
As the world of DJ’ing continues to welcome more individuals into its art of remixing, Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.’s Pro Audio and Video Division resumes its efforts to bring into fruition the best professional DJ gear in the market for new and veteran DJs and VJs. Pioneer’s newest product, the DJM-700, joins the ranks of the most highly recognized DJ mixers in the industry, the DJM-1000 and DJM-800, and further adds 96kHz / 24-bit high-performance full-digital outputs for the highest sound quality possible, effect frequency filter, assignable MIDI and various audio effects.
“The DJM-700 is the ‘all-around mixer’ that will be utilized by novice and experienced DJs alike. As DJs develop skills and their own style, the DJM-700 will be the perfect companion,” said Neil Altneu, vice president of sales and marketing for Pioneer’s Pro Audio and Video Division. “Performance features of the ProDJ’s flagship mixers have been equally incorporated in the DJM-700 ensuring this new addition will solidify the DJM line-up of mixers.”
The DJM-700’s high quality construction follows the same cues as its DJM-1000/DJM-800 predecessors by utilizing a high-rigidity chassis that minimizes noise from unnecessary vibration as well as a dual shield structure to eliminate entry of digital noise and full balanced output circuitry. Internally, the DJM-700 sound quality is re-enforced with a high quality 96kHz / 24-bit digital sampling system. Analog signals from the player pass through the mixer at the shortest signal route, digitized by 96kHz / 24-bit high quality sound A/D converter and reaches the digital mixing stage with the best possible state. The mixing is carried out by a 32-bit DSP with ideal filtering to produce the best sound for DJ playing without deteriorating the sound quality.
World’s First Effect Frequency Filter
The Pioneer DJM-700 is the world’s first mixer to include an Effect Frequency Filter that allows the user to limit the frequency bands subjected to effects. Conventional effectors are limited to manipulating the entire frequency range, whereas the Effect Frequency Filter now expands the user’s ability to showcase their own mixing style.
Manual Filter Capabilities
The DJM-700 mixer also utilizes the same manual filter found on the well-renowned DJM-800. The manual filter enables more intuitive settings for multi-layered effects expanding the DJ’s creativity with their music. Combining multi-effect options such as the Beat Effect, along with the manual filter, allows for a wider range of DJ style and expression.
Multiple Effects Capabilities
The DJM-700 also features multiple effects that can be synced with its tempo (beat) capabilities:
- Beat Effect: Pioneered from the DJM-600, the beat effect has evolved into a 96kHz / 24-bit high performance effect in the DJM-700. The mixer automatically detects the tempo, also known as beat per minute (BPM), of the tune so the effects are aligned perfectly with the beat. The DJM-700 enables various effects such as delay, echo, trans, filter, flanger, phaser, reverb, robot and crush.
- Roll Sampler: The DJM-700 incorporates a new roll sampler with a 96kHz / 24-bit output which enables the user real-time sampling of sounds. Four patterns of sampling are available which includes roll, reverse roll, pitch up roll and pitch down roll.
- Beat Select Buttons: The mixer incorporates two beat select buttons letting the user quickly select the effect timing to maintain synchronization between the beat effects and audio.
Fully Assignable MIDI functions
DJs with external equipment such as DJ Effectors or DJ software applications that support MIDI control can rely on the DJM-700 to work in unison to create the ultimate DJ experience. Many of the dials and switch information of the DJM-700 can be converted to MIDI signal format. Up to 49 keys are assignable providing complete control of MIDI devices directly from the mixer with complete synchronicity.
- Digital Output Terminal: Outputs 96kHz / 24-bit sampling rate for highest quality sound
- Cross Fader Assign: Each channel of the mixer can be assigned to the cross fader
- 3-Band Equalizer: A built-in equalizer on each channel enables level control within a -26 dB to +6 dB range for high, mid and low bands, respectively.
- Fader Curve Adjust: The user can change the cross fader/channel fader curve
- Talk Over: The mixer automatically lowers track volume when it senses a vocal input on the microphone
- Peak Level Meter: A peak level located on the top right of the mixer shows input levels from each channel
- Fader Start: With Pioneer CDJ products, the fader can automatically start the players by simply sliding the cross fader or channel fader
The DJM-700 will be available in September 2007 with a suggested price of $1299.
Pioneer offers a complete line of Pro DJ Equipment through its Pro Audio Group. Its DJM, CDJ and DVJ Pro DJ equipment have become an industry standard at clubs, studios, mobile rigs and homes around the world, known for their high quality sound and reliability. For more information, visit http://www.PioneerProDj.com.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is http://www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a leader in optical disc technology and a pre-eminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets. The company focuses on four core business domains including Blu-ray Disc and DVD, display technologies, GPS navigation and Digital Network Entertainment.