Slim and Sleek Unlocked Smartphone Available for $399 on Palm Web Store and Retail Locations
For individuals who want to stay connected with an all-in-one mobile phone that is affordable, simple and fun, Palm, Inc. (Nasdaq: PALM) today announced the Palm Treo 680 smartphone’s preorder availability from Palm’s website, http://www.palm.com/Treo680. The Palm online store and Palm U.S. retail stores will exclusively sell the unlocked GSM/GPRS/EDGE quad-band world phone(1) in four new colors – crimson, copper, arctic and graphite – for $399. The Treo 680 smartphone, announced on Oct. 12 (http://investor.palm.com/pressdetail.cfm?ReleaseID=214409), can be preordered today and will be available at Palm U.S. retail stores after Dec. 1, just in time for the holidays.
“The unlocked Treo 680 smartphone will reach new customers and markets, exemplifying Palm’s dedication to expanding both geographically and demographically,” said John Hartnett, senior vice president, global markets, Palm, Inc. “The Treo 680 smartphone will attract new users in the smartphone and feature-phone markets through affordability, ease of use and style.”
The Palm OS based Treo 680 smartphone has an internal antenna and slim form factor, making the device smaller and sleeker than its Treo predecessors in the United States. It’s also the first Treo smartphone to come in unique colors. But beyond the Treo 680’s new design, customers will find the Treo 680 smartphone easy to use and packed full of features beyond its stellar phone capability, such as email, web browsing, messaging, multimedia, calendar, contacts and more.(2)
The Treo 680 and the Treo 700p smartphones are among the first mobile phones to support streaming Flash-based movies, including those found on YouTube, with the release of the new Kinoma Media Player 4EX.
For a limited time, the Treo 680 will come with a music bundle from Yahoo!, which includes a 30-day free trial to its Yahoo! Music Unlimited To Go service and Yahoo! Music For Mobile. Users have the ability to access the Yahoo! Music Unlimited music library from the phone and to send tracks remotely to a PC.(3)
Palm customers also have a wide variety of accessories to choose from on the Palm website. Here are just a few that could be paired perfectly with a customer’s new Treo 680 smartphone:
- Ultralight Wireless Headset, $129: This high-performance Bluetooth technology headset weighs only 9 grams and has DSP (Digital Signal Processing) technology for clear calls. With up to three hours of battery life, increasing to nine hours with included AAA battery charger, the headset comes in a sleek metal case and includes the Treo AC Adaptor charger adaptor (AC charger not included).
- Leather Holster Case, $29.99: Keep the new Treo 680 smartphone safe and easily accessible. With durable construction, this simple sleek holster design is a perfect Treo 680 accessory.
- Palm Replacement Battery, $49.99; with Cradle Kit, $59.99: Treo users can extend talk time with a genuine Palm spare or replacement battery pack. It recharges in the phone or in the battery drawer of the Cradle Kit and meets all Palm and regulatory compliance requirements while having built-in overcharging protection.
- Vehicle Power Charger (VPC), $29.99: Perfect for those days when customers forget to recharge while they’re at home; they can now do it in the car on the way to work. The VPC works in all vehicles with a cigarette lighter or auxiliary power plug.
- Antiglare Screen Protectors, $14.99: The screen is precut for a perfect fit to eliminate glare on the Treo 680, while protecting the screen from scratches, smudges and dust.
Pricing and Availability
The unlocked Treo 680 smartphone is $399 and is available for preorder today at http://www.palm.com. It will be available in Palm U.S. retail stores after Dec. 1.