Nokia today unveiled the super slim Nokia X3 Touch and Type cell phone, with a unique combination of a touch screen and traditional 12 button phone keypad. As Nokia's first 'Touch and Type' phone, the Nokia X3 allows people to tap quickly on the bright color touch screen, as well as enjoy the familiarity of the full keypad for quick fire text messages and phone calls.
With its sleek and modern design coming in at a very thin 9.6mm – making it one of the slimmest Nokia phones ever – the Nokia X3 slips easily into the purse or the pocket, and looks the part with its brushed aluminum back cover which will come in five vibrant colors designed to suit any mood or wardrobe.
Despite its size, the Nokia X3 is jam-packed with features including 3G, WLAN, a music player and an FM radio. Battery life is rated at five hours talk time or 17 days on standby.
Lovers of the snapshot and social networks will enjoy a great 5-megapixel camera with 4x digital zoom that can take both still and video images.
The Nokia X3 also features dedicated music and messaging keys allowing fast access to important Ovi services including social and entertainment applications. In addition to Ovi Mail, people's favorite consumer email and chat accounts can be pushed direct to the phone via Nokia Messaging.
With a gentle glide over the touch screen people can go online and get access to many services including thousands of apps from Ovi Store. In certain markets, the new phone will also be available with Ovi Music Unlimited, enabling the owner to access a virtually limitless range of the latest hit music that can be stored on the available 16GB memory card.
The Nokia X3 – affordable and accessible touch and type which is simple-to-use and beautifully designed. The Nokia X3 Touch and Type sits alongside the Nokia X3-00, a slider with strong music functionality, which was launched in September 2009.
“We have designed the Nokia X3 to be a touch and type device because typing is ideal for SMS and social networking where fast and frequent input is needed, while touch is ideal for functions such as setting alarms, smooth browsing and controlling applications like music and games.”
— Mary McDowell, Executive Vice President of Mobile Phones at Nokia
Price and Availability
The X3 Touch and Type is expected to be on sale this quarter and will retail for approximately €125, excluding taxes and subsidies. It will initially be offered in China, Ireland & UK, Russia, Australia & New Zealand, Singapore, Germany, Spain & Portugal, France, Mexico and Saudi & Yemen. Other markets will follow later.
- Touch and type functionality
- Slim design with brushed aluminum cover in trendy colors
- 3G, HSPA, and most importantly Wifi for fast and cheap data access
- Dedicated music key for instant music player access
- Dedicated messaging key for direct access to SMS/MMS
- Email (Ovi Mail, Windows Live mail / Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, Gmail + local ISP) & IM (Ovi Chat, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Gtalk) with Nokia Messaging (subject to local services availability)
- Facebook and Twitter with Communities client
- Download thousands of apps and games from Ovi Store
- 5-megapixel camera with 4x digital zoom
- FM Radio
Standard Sales Package Includes:
- Nokia X3 handset, model X3-02
- Nokia Battery (BL-4S)
- Nokia High Efficiency Charger (AC-8)
- Nokia Stereo headset WH-102
- User Guide
Nokia Original Enhancements:
- Headsets: Nokia Bluetooth Stereo Headset (BH-214), Nokia Stereo Headset WH-500
- Music: Nokia Mini Speaker (MD-9)
- System: GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- User Interface: Series 40 touch and type
- Dimensions: 106.2 mm x 48.4 mm x 9.6 mm (L x W x H)
- Volume: 45.2 cc
- Weight: 78 g
- Standby time: up to 17 days (GSM + WCDMA)
- Talk time: up to 5.3 hours (GSM) up to 3.5 hours (WCDMA)
- Display: 2.4″ QVGA, up to 262K colors
- Connectivity: HSPA, WLAN 802.11n, Bluetooth 2.1, MicroUSB, 3.5 mm AV connector
- Colors: White Silver, Dark Metal, Petrol Blue, Pink, Lilac