NEC Display Solutions Adds Affordable, Network-Ready Projector to Its VT Series For Educators, Corporate Users
NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading stand-alone provider of commercial and residential LCD and plasma displays and projectors, today announced the VT800 digital network-ready projector, ideal for education and corporate settings.
The VT800, the newest addition to NEC’s VT projector series, provides many essential features, such as closed captioning for decoding and displaying text in videos, and a comprehensive input/output panel with built-in A/V switching. Network functions include remote diagnostics that enable monitoring and control of the projector over a network, and Image Express Utility for sending data and video over a network.
“The VT800 projector offers features necessary to educators and corporate users,” said Bob Guentner, Product Manager for NEC Display Solutions. “This extremely bright portable projector captures audience attention in classrooms and meeting rooms, and can be easily managed over the network, saving the IT department time and money.”
Unique image-enhancing features of the VT800 include HQV (Hollywood Quality Video) technology, which provides dramatically improved data and video display, Advanced AccuBlend, which ensures detailed images when using non-native resolution sources, and automatic keystone correction for instant correction of vertical distortions when the projector is set up at an angle to the screen.
The VT800 projector includes the following features:
- 2,700 lumens
- XGA native resolution of 1024 x 768
- Contrast ratio of 500:1
- Up to 3,000 hours of lamp life
- 5-watt speaker
- ECO Mode technology, which reduces energy consumption and increases lamp life by up to 50 percent
- PIP/ESS for picture-in-picture or side-by-side image configurations
- Built-in wall color correction presets, which provide for adaptive color tone correction to display properly on non-white surfaces
- 3D Reform, which squares the image by adjusting horizontally, vertically or diagonally when the projector cannot be placed parallel or perpendicular to the screen
- Standard two-year limited warranty, including the first year with InstaCare, which provides repair and return in three business days or next-business-day exchange.
- One-year/500-hour lamp warranty
The VT800 will be available for April 2008 shipment with an estimated street price of $999.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD displays, professional-grade large-screen LCD and plasma displays, a diverse line of projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, professional, education, medical and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the Web site at http://www.necdisplay.com.