NEC announced today the 30-inch MultiSync MD301C4 medical diagnostic 4-megapixel LCD monitor with Dual DisplayPort, factory calibrated DICOM preset for enhanced screen performance in medical imaging and PACS
This 4-megapixel color display is a medical-grade monitor designed for multiple types of radiology and includes patented technologies designed to make healthcare employees' work more productive and accurate. It offers factory-adjusted DICOM calibration with self-monitoring brightness to maintain a specific luminance that can be set in the on-screen display (OSD) or the included GammaCompMD QA software. This software ensures consistent image quality and offers quality control and conformance reporting. Combined with the optional MDSVSENSOR2 color calibration sensor, the MD301C4 also supports standalone calibration and exact monitor matching, while enhancing calibration and white-point matching for outstanding DICOM GSDF conformance. Optionally, GammaCompMD QA Network provides centralized control and management of multiple display systems.
The MD301C4 also includes several features to simplify the integration into a variety of healthcare IT environments, including the ability to emulate two legacy 2-megapixel displays through the included Picture by Picture functionality. To save desktop space, the MD301C4 can control two computers simultaneously through DisplaySync Pro and the integrated USB hub which functions as a keyboard, video and mouse (KVM) switch.
“The MD301C4 embodies the accuracy and high performance expected from a world leader in medical displays by providing its users with intelligent technologies and features to encourage productivity,” said Art Marshall, Product Manager for Professional Desktop and Medical Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “A combination of wide connectivity, luminance controls and world-class customer service give NEC customers confidence in their monitor purchase.”
A partial list of features in the MultiSync MD301C4 follows:
- 30″ (29.8″ VIS) widescreen P-IPS panel
- Factory calibrated to the DICOM grayscale function for luminance
- 350 cd/m2 brightness (200 cd/m2 calibrated) with automatic luminance control that ensures consistent brightness for the life of the display
- Digital Uniformity Correction, which reduces screen uniformity errors and compensates for differences in color/grayscale and luminance across the screen
- 14-bit 3D internal programmable lookup tables (LUTs), which enable precise calibration with finely detailed, high-definition renderings of color images and crisper display of even the most delicate shadings and color differences
- AmbiBright ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the display's brightness based on lighting conditions
- Two DisplayPort inputs, 2 DVI-D inputs and 2 up/3 down USB hub with DisplaySync Pro
- Multi-directional controls, which allow for ease of use in either landscape or portrait modes
- Standalone calibration/matching, which enables the optional MDSVSENSOR2 sensor to be connected directly to the monitor; no PC is necessary for calibration
- XtraView+ for the widest viewing angles with minimal off-angle color shift
- Medical certifications, including CE-MDD 93/42/EC, Ul60601-1 and FDA 510(k) pending
- Restriction on Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant
- Five-year limited warranty with Advanced Overnight Exchange
Price and Availability
The MD301C4 will be available in June 2011 at an estimated street price of $3,499. The display ships with a 5 years parts and labor warranty with Advanced Overnight Exchange, which is one of the best warranties in the industry.