NEC is First Manufacturer to Introduce 52-Inch Display Based on Professional-Grade Panel; With Ultra-Thin Bezel, New LCD5220 Display Builds Upon Market Share Dominance in Digital Signage Industry
NEC Display Solutions of America, the recognized leader of professional-grade commercial and residential LCD panels, plasma, and projector displays, today announced the 52-inch MultiSync LCD5220, a full high-definition, wide-screen display designed for a variety of digital signage applications, corporate boardrooms and education venues. NEC Display is the first manufacturer to introduce a 52-inch display based on a professional-grade panel in the industry.
The new LCD5220 has improved contrast, color and brightness to overcome sunlit and bright environments, and supports the 1080p HD standard. Its SpectraView II color calibration kit ensures color uniformity and fidelity across individual and multiple screens, creating a perfectly matched image in tiled environments. The ultra-thin bezel (19 millimeters / 0.7 inches) also allows a more seamless picture when used in multiple-display, video-wall implementations.
The LCD5220 display can be seen at the 2008 Digital Signage Expo (NEC Display Booth No. 113) today through February 28 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev.
“The new 52-inch display is a top performer and should be considered anywhere high brightness and crystal-clear details are required,” said Clinton Wilhight, Senior Product Manager for NEC Display Solutions. “NEC is raising the bar in the digital signage industry. Its professional-grade LCD panel and components are industry hallmarks. They give our customers great confidence in NEC’s renowned reliability in commercial applications.”
An extension of NEC’s market share-leading MultiSync Information Display Series, the LCD5220 includes NEC’s proprietary and advanced Digital Signage Technology Suite (DSTS), making it easier to deploy and manage multi-screen networks. The suite includes nearly 30 advanced features that improve screen performance, lower total cost of ownership and enhance display management. These features and functions were developed specifically for digital signage, making the display ideal for the transportation, corporate, medical, retail, government, and hospitality markets.
The LCD5220 employs a U-shaped backlight system, leveraging fluorescent bulbs for even heat distribution and uniform brightness. In addition, the display boasts a sealed cabinet design, ideal for digital signage environments that are exposed to a variety of contaminants, such as dust, smoke and grease.
NEC is known for its comprehensive approach to digital signage, with design, financing, integration, deployment and technology support resources, making it a leader in total display solutions.
The 2007 World Digital Signage Markets Report from Frost & Sullivan states, “NEC was the leader in the world digital signage display market 2006 with 23.1 percent market share (the latest year for which data are available). The company has built on its wide range of product offerings in both the LCD and plasma displays.”
A list of features in the MultiSync LCD5220 follows:
- Professional-grade LCD panel and components for the most formidable digital signage industry requirements
- 1920 x 1080 full-HD, ultra-high resolution for true 16:9 aspect ratio, brightness of 700 cd/m2, and contrast ratio of 2000:1
- HD-capable display, which supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i standards
- Ultra-thin bezel with 8-millisecond response time to minimize motion artifacts
- U-shaped backlight system, which leads to better brightness uniformity and uniform dissipation of heat
- Sealed module, which prevents smoke, dust and other contaminants from breaching the display
- TileMatrix, which enables video walls (up to 25 displays in a 5×5 matrix equaling almost 20-ft. diagonal)
- SpectraView II Color Calibration Solution, which ensures color uniformity and fidelity across individual and multiple screens, creating a perfectly matched image in tiled environments
- Improved CableComp+ technology, which equalizes the video signal to reduce color distortion and improve sharpness for both analog and digital connections on long cable runs
- Rapid Response technology, which delivers virtually uninterrupted, undistorted viewing of high-speed, full-motion video
- Diverse input connectors allowing for maximum compatibility and flexibility during product implementation
- Built-in expansion slot, which allows for seamless integration of future third-party components
- Optional stand and speakers
- Standard three-year limited warranty
The system is RoHS (Restriction on Hazardous Substances) compliant, containing fully disposable plastics, no hazardous materials such as hex-chrome, cadmium, PBDE and PBB, and minimal amounts of lead and mercury.
The MultiSync LCD5220 is available for April 2008 shipment with an estimated street price of $8,149.99.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD displays, professional-grade large-screen LCD and plasma displays, a diverse line of projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, professional, education, medical and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the Web site at http://www.necdisplay.com.