19-inch Standard and 20-inch Widescreen LED-Backlit Models Offer Low Power Consumption, Full Adjustability, Ambient Light Sensor and DisplayPort Connectivity
Compared to previous generations of NEC's desktop LCD monitors, the LED backlight technology in both the MultiSync EA192M and E201W allows less greenhouse gas emissions, and reduces power consumption and heat radiation. These new LED-backlit models also use more recycled plastics, less hazardous materials and are mercury-free, a significant advantage when compared to conventional CCFL-backlit LCD monitors.
The ambient light sensor, which automatically adjusts the brightness to the optimal setting depending on ambient lighting, screen content or both, has been added to the MultiSync EA192M and E201W to further minimize power consumption. DisplayPort connectivity is also implemented on both models, providing expanded connectivity, along with VGA and DVI-D.
The 20-inch widescreen MultiSync E201W is a new size available as part of the MultiSync E Series. It features a 16:9 aspect ratio and 1600 x 900 native resolution. The 19-inch MultiSync EA192M features a 5:4 aspect ratio, 1280 x 1024 native resolution and has long been a highly desirable size for enterprise businesses. Its integrated down-firing speakers and headphone jack enable business conferencing. Both models feature a fully adjustable ergonomic stand, including 110mm height-adjust, pivot, tilt and swivel capabilities.
“NEC is introducing more LED-backlit LCD desktop monitors to help protect the environment,” said Lynn Gu, Product Manager for NEC Display Solutions. “Our goal is to help our customers lower their total cost of ownership throughout the life of the display and provide features that make daily operations simpler and more productive.”
Below is a partial list of features included in the MultiSync EA192M and E201W:
- LED backlight technology
- 25,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- Fully ergonomic adjustable stand (110mm height-adjust, tilt, swivel and pivot)
- Expanded connectivity with DisplayPort
- Integrated down-firing speakers (EA192M)
- Ambient light sensor automatically minimizes power consumption
- ECO Mode allows users to manually adjust the display's brightness to two preset settings, including ENERGY STAR, which saves more power and reduces energy costs
- Carbon footprint and cost meter allow users to quickly and easily track the savings of green gas emissions
- Compliant with the newest standards, such as ENERGY STAR 5.0 and TCO 5.0
- EPEAT Silver