NEC announced today the LED-backlit MultiSync E231W LCD monitor, which includes 1080p resolution, DisplayPort connectivity and an ambient light sensor for business applications.
The EPEAT Gold rated MultiSync E231W provides users with advanced features that were created to enhance the desktop computing experience and increase productivity. Its widescreen display allows users to have several applications open simultaneously, while its fully-ergonomic design includes 110mm height adjustment, tilt, swivel and pivot for improved comfort during use.
This E Series model follows in the green footsteps of its sibling, the 22-inch MultiSync E222W, with ECO Mode to reduce power consumption and heat generation, and an ambient light sensor to detect external light sources and adjust the display's brightness accordingly. Users also have the ability to track their carbon footprint savings with the MultiSync E231W's carbon footprint meter, a unique tool that calculates the reduction of green gas emissions. Additionally, the Intelligent Power Manager (IPM) helps conserve energy and reduce carbon dioxide emissions by switching to a low power state or automatically powering down when the monitor is on but not in use.
The widescreen MultiSync E231W includes the following features:
- 23-inch 16:9 W-LED backlit panel
- 1920 x 1280 full HD resolution
- 25,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- 4-way ergonomic stand with 110mm height adjustment, tilt, swivel and pivot
- Full connectivity with DisplayPort, VGA and DVI inputs
- ECO Mode and ambient light sensor
- Carbon footprint meter
- Intelligent Power Management (IPM) system and off timer
- 5-preset Dynamic Video Mode (standard, text, movie, game, photo)
- Multi-directional OSD NaViKey
- Windows 7, Windows Vista Premium and Windows XP certified
- NaViSet Administrator software for centralized control
- EPEAT Gold rating
- ENERGY STAR 5.0 compliance
- TCO 5.0 compliance
The MultiSync E231W comes with a 3-year parts and labor limited warranty and will be available for August 2010 shipment at an estimated street price of $299.
“NEC is committed to continuing its strong leadership role within the industry by contributing to a greener environment with an eco-friendly display in the quickly-growing 23-inch category,” said Lynn Gu, Product Manager for NEC Display Solutions. “The MultiSync E231W uses an LED-backlit panel to increase energy savings by up to 40 percent in comparison to conventional CCFL-backlit LCD monitors. This is especially beneficial for our business customers in this economic downturn.”