Delivering an unmatched experience that goes beyond the basics, the NAVIGON 2000S becomes the benchmark to beat in its class
NAVIGON, one of the world’s leading and fastest growing providers of navigation products and solutions, today announced the NAVIGON 2000S GPS Navigator. Designed to provide a robust, easy-to-use navigation experience at a competitive price, the NAVIGON 2000S goes beyond the basics with key advanced features not offered by competing products in its class. NAVIGON’s trademark Reality View Pro, Lane Assistant Pro, and advanced text-to-speech are among the product’s most innovative features designed to enhance the navigation experience.
Ultra-thin and portable, the 3.5″ NAVIGON 2000S is powered by NAVIGON’s next generation software which supports incredibly fast route calculation times and very simple destination entry, on average requiring fewer clicks than any other GPS product to enter a destination. The NAVIGON 2000S goes far beyond a typical entry-level device by delivering many advanced and exclusive features that define the NAVIGON experience. It sells for $199 (MSRP) in the U.S. and hits store shelves and online retailers in October 2008.
“With the 2000S, our goal was to bring NAVIGON’s trademark features to a new, accessible level,” said Andreas Hecht, NAVIGON’s President for the Americas. “The 2000S delivers an experience consumers have grown to expect from NAVIGON products with meaningful features, stylish design and performance that are unmatched in its class.”
Features that Matter
The NAVIGON 2000S features include:
- Reality View Pro. NAVIGON takes its trademark feature one-step further with the second generation of Reality View-Reality View Pro. Never miss an exit again with more coverage in more places. Reality View Pro displays photo-realistic 3D views with actual road signs and lane guidance for virtually every highway interchange and exit that drivers will encounter.
- Lane Assistant Pro. Helps drivers prepare to make an upcoming exit or turn by providing clear visual lane guidance. NAVIGON’s second generation of Lane Assistant provides a lane map complete with arrows and actual road geometry.
- Advanced Text-to-speech. Spoken Directions with Street Names lets drivers keep their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road with advanced phonetic text-to-speech technology that ensures proper pronunciation of street names.
- Fast Destination Entry. The latest generation of NAVIGON software makes entering and finding information very easy, on average requiring fewer clicks than any other GPS product to enter a destination. NAVIGON’s SmartSpeller feature helps guiding through the entry process.
- High Performance. NAVIGON’s new software platform delivers our most responsive interface to date and supports incredibly fast route calculation times.
- DirectHelp. Help is a click away with this DirectHelp, providing instant driving directions to and contact information for nearby hospitals, police stations, roadside assistance, and pharmacies.
- Instant Fix GPS. With NAVIGON’s new Instant Fix GPS receiver (SIRF InstantFixII Receiver), the NAVIGON 2000S triangulates global position in a matter of seconds and is minimally affected by urban canyons and tall trees.
- Ultra-thin, portable and stylish. Less than 3/4″ thick, the NAVIGON 2000S is compact enough to use anywhere whether travelling the world or the local neighborhood.
- NAVIGON FreshMaps. Keep your NAVIGON 2000S as accurate as the day you bought it with NAVIGON’s FreshMaps accessory, providing up to 12 map updates for three years for $79.99 (MSRP).
- Speed Assistant
- Multi-Destination Trip Planning
- Automatic Standby Feature
- Favorites as POI
NAVIGON INC. is one of the world’s leading providers of navigation products and software solutions. NAVIGON makes its own navigation brand consumer products and creates software solutions for OEM customers operating in personal navigation, wireless, and automotive sectors. Founded in 1991, NAVIGON is present in Europe, North America and Asia. For more information, visit http://www.navigon.com.