The FX400 features MSI's new raised totem seal coating, cinema-class THX surround sound, as well as MSI's TDE and GPU Boost technologies.
MSI recently unveiled the stylishly classy FX400, a 14-inch laptop that comes equipped with Intel's top-of-the-line Core i5 processor, the nVIDIA GeForce GT 325M discrete graphics card (1GB display memory), TDE technology, and GPU Boost technology to automatically switch graphics card modes to optimize graphics and processing performance.
Jaw-dropping multimedia performance
- THX smart surround sound: MSI got together world leader in sound design THX to build a sound system for the FX400 that belongs in a cinema. The THX smart surround sound consists of theater-class speakers for high fidelity sound regardless of music type or frequency. The Smart Volume and Surround technologies further ensure clean, crisp sound to maximize your multimedia experience.
- Cinema Pro technology: The FX400 features powerful multimedia processing and MSI's own Cinema Pro technology for the best possible graphics. A touch of the Cinema Pro hotkey instantly kicks in the film mode for higher resolution and richer colors to bring you the same great audio experience found in live performances, films, and recording studios.
Latest groundbreaking technologies
- Unparalleled craftsmanship: The cover of the FX400 features MSI's exclusive raised coating to add texture and keep scratching, wear, and fingerprints to a minimum. This machine remains pristine no matter how long you use it. The areas on either side of the touchpad feature raised totem seal coating to give the FX400 a feel heretofore only found with handmade products.
- Attention to detail: MSI's precision technology is evident in every detail of the FX400, from the trim around the the keyboard, and the THX cinema-class speakers to the chiclet keyboard which is designed for comfort of use and the raised multi-point touchpad. Details like these underscore the quality engineering employed by MSI to merge art, fashion, and technology.
Unleashing the power
- Intel Core i5 CPU: The MSI FX400 employs Intel's Core i5 processor, which offers better performance, while consuming less power, as well as Intel's Turbo Boost and Intel® Hyper-Threading–dynamic performance adjustment technologies for handling more data, while greatly enhancing overall system performance.
- TDE: The MSI FX400 comes with TDE (Turbo Drive Engine) technology under the hood to instantly throttle up CPU performance and accelerate system speed with one touch of the Turbo(P1) hotkey situated above the keyboard. This enables the FX- -400 to process high-load applications, such as graphics, without bogging down.
- GPU Boost: The FX400 comes with the nVIDIA GeForce GT 325M discrete graphics card with 1GB GDDR3 of display memory for high graphics processing capabilities and when the FX 400 needs to process demanding graphics applications, the MSI GPU Boost technology's automatic graphics switching cuts over to discrete graphics card mode for powerful graphics performance for the ultimate in true-to-life multimedia enjoyment. When performing general word processing tasks or browsing the Internet, it automatically cuts to the power-sipping integrated graphics chip mode.
|CPU||Intel® Core i5 processor|
|Graphics||nVIDIA GeForce GT 325M with 1GB VRAM|
|Memory||DDR3-1333 MHz x 2 SODIMM slot|
|LCD||14″ HD TFT LCD|
|HDD||2.5″ 250/320/500GB SATA|
|ODD||12.7mm ODD, Super Multi|
|Card reader||2 in 1 (SD/Memory Stick)|
|I/O||HDMI, D-sub, USB 2.0 x3, e-SATA x1, Mic-in, Headphone out, RJ-45|
|Wireless||Intel 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth V2.1+EDR|
|Sound||THX TruStudio PC|
|Speaker||x2 Theater Class Speakers|
|Dimensions||350(L) x 234(W) x 29.7~33.5 (H)|
|Special Feature||Cinema Pro, TDE, ECO Engine, Ati-Fingerprint Color-Film-Print|
“The FX400, MSI's latest masterpiece, is sheathed in its own raised totem seal coating to prevent against scratching and smudging and features MSI's stylish and meticulous craftsmanship that put the FX400 in a class all its own. MSI worked in close cooperation with internationally renowned sound system designer THX to craft the theater-class surround sound, enhancing the FX400's sound output capabilities, giving you sound quality that blasts away the competition.”
— Sam Chern, MSI Marketing Director
Price and availability not announced at this time.Where to Buy