Motorola Mobility announced the XPRT, the first Android smartphone from Sprint to deliver enterprise-class security, personal productivity enhancements and international roaming. Designed for business users, Motorola XPRT offers a sleek, compact design built on Android 2.2, Froyo. This full-feature world phone is equipped with a pinch-to-zoom capable touchscreen, 3.1-inch HVGA display, full QWERTY keyboard and 1GHz processor with Adobe Flash 10 web browsing.
Enterprise managers and workforces across field service, field sales, healthcare, retail, utilities, manufacturing and transportation/distribution industries will benefit from its feature-rich capabilities, enterprise-class security and data encryption. Motorola XPRT delivers business-class security features with 256-bit AES data encryption and controls the IT department will appreciate, including the ability to remotely handle functions like enabling pin or password lock, password recovery and data wipe on both the phone and SD card if lost or stolen.
Motorola XPRT comes loaded with MOTOBLUR technology offering personalized content, including email and social media updates, delivered right to the user's home screen. It enables convenient viewing of news feeds, updates and messages from social media sites from a single screen.
Additional key features of Motorola XPRT include:
- Android Market for access to more than 150,000 applications, widgets and games available for download
- Google mobile services, such as Google Maps with Navigation, Google Talk, Gmail and YouTube
- Corporate email (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync) and personal (POP & IMAP) email
- Worldmode — CDMA (EVDO Rev. A), GSM/UMTS (HSPA) — international roaming service available in more than 200 countries
- 3G Mobile Hotspot capability, supporting up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
- 5-megapixel camera with camcorder and dual LED flash for low-light performance
- microSD slot, with a 2GB memory card included, supporting up to 32GB
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Wi-Fi b/g/n
- 1860 mAh Lithium-ion battery
- Motorola XPRT requires activation on one of Sprint's Everything Data plans, plus a required $10 Premium Data add-on charge for smartphones. Sprint's Everything Data plan with Any Mobile, AnytimeSM includes unlimited web, texting and calling to and from any mobile in America while on the Sprint Network, starting at just $69.99 per month plus required $10 Premium Data add-on charge (pricing excludes surcharges and taxes).
- Sprint also offers great value with international service add-ons for Motorola XPRT.
Price and Availability
Motorola XPRT will be available on Sunday, June 5, in Sprint Stores, Business Sales, Web sales (www.sprint.com) and Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1), for $129.99 with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement.