Motorola announced the PHOTON Q 4G LTE smartphone, offering a five-row, PC-like QWERTY keyboard, international capabilities and a generous 4.3-inch ColorBoost display, to be available from Sprint with unlimited data plan. Although, you'll need to live in one of the first 15 cities which have Sprint's 4G LTE network activated to achieve the data speed boost (see www.sprint.com/4GLTE).
Motorola PHOTON Q, which replaces last year's PHOTON 4G smartphone, adds a slide out PC-like QWERTY keyboard for double-thumb efficiency. Each laser-cut key is outlined in LED lights so users can see what they're doing, even in the dark. It also has a dedicated number row for maximum typing efficiency and accuracy.
Offering an impressive 4.3-inch ColorBoost display, Motorola PHOTON Q offers the largest screen currently available on a 4G LTE QWERTY smartphone. This makes it easy to browse the Web using Google Chrome without enlarging text, look at detail-rich pictures without having to zoom in, and watch a show without straining your eyes. Motorola's exclusive ColorBoost display enables colors to be richer and more vibrant than other smartphones on the market. And with scratch-resistant glass and splash-guard coating, Motorola PHOTON Q resists everyday scratches and spills.
- Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
- Rear-facing 8MP camera with 1080p video capture and playback so you can leave your digital camera at home. Plus, those photos can be set to automatically upload to Google+ so you don't have to worry about accidently deleting them.
- Front-facing HD camera for easy Google+ Hangout video chats or conference calls
- Mirror mode when connected with HDMI cable (sold separately) to view images, files and movies on a larger screen, like your TV at home.
- Sprint ID, offering an innovative way to personalize an Android smartphone with apps, widgets, ringtones and more all, in a single download
- NFC support to share links, apps, YouTube clips and more with Android Beam
- World Smart with 4G LTE Speeds
Motorola PHOTON Q is the first Sprint phone to feature SMARTACTIONS, the free Motorola app that helps extend battery life and intelligently automates routine, everyday tasks so that smartphones can do more for consumers. For example, walking into a meeting, SMARTACTIONS can turn the ringer to silent so an incoming phone call won't interrupt the meeting. If the battery is low, SMARTACTIONS can automatically lower the display lighting to ensure the battery lasts longer.
Motorola PHOTON Q is Business Ready with full corporate security including remote wipe, pin lock, and data encryption. It is one of several devices available with Sprint Professional Grade, a new designation for select smartphones that deliver enhanced security, device management and Exchange Active Sync capabilities to business users.