Marantz today announced the $500 PM5005 entry-level integrated amplifier, which is the first in its class to offer current feedback architecture – a feature that normally is reserved for the more expensive models. This technology provides very fast and accurate signal handling. This results in perfectly balanced stereo sound reproduction as well as a very open and precise sound stage. It’s also been recently enhanced with performance–optimizing discrete audio circuitry and fine-tuning components. In addition, this year’s model looks a little more stylish than its PM5004 predecessor, thanks to new elegant knob design. On top of that, it comes with a new remote and a new low-power stand-by and auto stand-by mode. But the PM5005 offers 55 watts per channel into 4 ohm, and includes a metal chassis and a front metal panel to ensure a very rigid and solid base. It also has a Phono MM equalizer, as well as a Source Direct functionality to ensure shortest signal paths.
- Integrated Current Feedback Amplifier with 2 x 55W / 4 ohm rms
- Selected high quality audio components
- Gold Plated Inputs/Outputs incl. Phono (MM) input
- Marantz proprietary HDAM-SA3 circuits
- High quality Speaker Terminals (A / B switchable)
- System remote to control Amplifier, CD-Player and Network Player
Price and Availability
Marantz PM5005 integrated amplifier will be available July 2014 for $499.