New ‘Full HD’ 1080p LCD HDTVs Feature TruMotion 240Hz Technology with Scanning Backlight for More Natural Picture
LG Electronics‘ newest LCD HDTVs, the LH55 series, combine a sleek, modern silhouette with advanced 240Hz technology for a more engaging entertainment experience. First announced at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) earlier this year, these 1080p “Full HD” LCD HDTVs are now available online and at retailers nationwide.
Ideal for action movie and sports enthusiasts, LG’s LH55 features TruMotion 240Hz with unique scanning backlight technology to improve motion picture response time so consumers see a smoother, more natural picture. The LH55 series is currently available in 37-, 42-, 47- and 55-inch sizes* at manufacturer’s suggested retail prices of $1,399.95, $1,799.95, $2,099.95, and $3,899.95, respectively.
“As the first of our flagship LCDs to be introduced this year, the LH55 offers consumers something better – unsurpassed motion detail for watching sports or movies and playing video games,” said Peter Reiner, senior vice president, marketing and strategy, LG Electronics USA, Inc. “With TruMotion 240Hz, the LH55 processes fast-moving pictures at lightning speed for a beautiful viewing experience that requires less picture processing and earns the new Energy Star 3.0 rating.”
Lightning Fast Imaging
Conventional systems use a double process of motion estimation-motion compensation (MEMC) to insert “pseudo” data into the image in order to increase response time. However, this can add unwanted motion artifacts into the picture. The new LH55 TruMotion 240Hz handles fast-moving images at lightning speed so that consumers’ televisions can keep up with their programming choices, elevating their video gaming or sports watching experience, with crisp, clear imagery and reduced motion blur.
To accomplish this, the LG LH55 series uses a Super In-Plane Switching (S-IPS) panel that provides fast response times and maintains better color and contrast at off-axis viewing angles, yielding superior performance. TruMotion 240Hz builds on the capability of S-IPS by using a unique scanning backlight technology to improve motion picture response time from 120Hz to 240Hz to virtually eliminate motion blur, even during the fastest moving scenes.
LG’s TruMotion 240Hz delivers crystal clear motion detail, enhancing the television viewing experience and making every move on the screen look as if it’s unfolding in real-time. And, with an 80,000:1 contrast ratio, the LH55 produces a clear, crisp picture.
Energy Savings and Advanced Technologies
For consumers that don’t want to sacrifice performance for energy savings, the LH55 is Energy Star 3.0 rated. The LH55 also comes equipped with Intelligent Sensor, which senses the ambient light in the room and adjusts color and brightness accordingly. Additionally, a mechanical on/off switch eliminates standby power consumption completely, if desired.
For further professional calibration of settings based on the room environment, the LH55 is ISFccc certified. A 10-point white balance adjustment and color management system allows for custom calibration of individual home theater environments and ambient lighting which can be saved in ISF “Day” and ISF “Night” modes.
The LH55 boasts four LG Core Technologies for a more customized listening and viewing experience:
- Picture Wizard: Enables easy self-calibration by providing on-screen reference points for key picture quality elements like black level, color, tint, sharpness and backlight levels. Now you can take the guesswork out of picture adjustments without purchasing separate calibration tools.
- Invisible Speaker System: Tuned by renowned audio expert Mr. Mark Levinson, LG TVs utilize a unique speaker system that delivers a clean, polished look and enhanced audio with a wider sound field.
- Clear Voice II: Automatically enhances and amplifies the sound of the human voice frequency range to help keep dialogue audible when background noise swells. Can also be personalized with a new 12-step adjustment level.
- AV Mode II: LG HDTVs include three AV Modes, preset to optimize picture and sound settings based on Cinema, Sports or Game content. AV Modes can be easily set with a convenient button on the remote control. Cinema Mode is pre-calibrated using ISFccc parameters for a film-like experience.
- 55LH55 55-inch class/54.6-inch diagonal (check price)
- 47LH55 47-inch class/47.0-inch diagonal (check price)
- 42LH55 42-inch class/42.0-inch diagonal (check price)
- 37LH55 37-inch class/37.0-inch diagonal (check price)
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $45 billion global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. In the United States, LG Electronics sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances and business solutions, all under LG’s “Life’s Good” marketing theme.