LG Electronics (LG), a global leader and technology innovator in mobile communications, today announced the worldwide retail release of the highly anticipated new Chocolate (LG-BL40). The stunning fourth handset of the Black Label Series will be available in Europe from mid-September before making its way around the world.
With the introduction of this bold new shape, the new Chocolate is essentially reinventing the way consumers view and use mobile phones. Designed with sleek sophistication, the strikingly unconventional 4-inch wide screen opens up an enlarged and more optimal space for “on-the-go” computing, allowing for an entirely new mobile experience that raises the bar of innovation.
Users will see things differently with the widened 21:9 panoramic display that establishes a new level of visual comfort for the reading of web pages and e-mail and dramatically brings videos and games to life with cinematic flair. Going wide also allows for the dual screen era to finally be brought to handsets for enhanced usability, which when combined with LG’s upgraded and intuitive S-Class UI brings a whole new meaning to the words “user friendly”.
“The new LG Chocolate will dramatically change the way we interact with our phones,” said Dr. Skott Ahn, CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “The new Chocolate reflects the originality and sophistication of the Black Label Series and like its predecessor, we are confident that the new Chocolate will create its own legacy and further enhance our standing in the market.”
Beginning from the UK, the new LG Chocolate will be released across the Europe in September and will be expanded to the rest of the world from October 2009.
See Things Differently
- Mobile web browsing is now a breeze with the new Chocolate’s 4-inch, 21:9 HD LCD that eliminates unnecessary side-scrolling; 7.2 HSDPA provides speedier internet and e-mail
- Enjoy a panoramic multimedia experience featuring a theatre-like movie player and enriched image and document viewer through the wide screen
- Utilize the extra space with Dual Screen UI which can intelligently display two different types of content simultaneously
Touch Things Differently
- Enjoy simplified touchscreen navigation with LG’s upgraded S-Class UI which offers the best in finger-friendly 3D graphics, intuitive responsiveness and easier accessibility to applications
- With one-touch copy and paste, transfer content even more quickly and effortlessly
- Thanks to the wider screen, discover a refreshingly new hands-on experience for a multitude of tasks ranging from texting to gaming
Style Things Differently
- Irresistibly slim shape, glossy black finish and iconic red highlights create a sense of subtle, chic luxury which preserves the new Chocolate’s design identity
- Curved scratch-resistant glass that seamlessly encases the phone and provides a smooth, elegant surface which will always look flawlessly clean and alluring
- The 4-inch HD LCD opens up a wider space to showcase and accentuate your personal style; enhanced customization features allow you to express yourself through wallpapers, themes and ringtones created from your own multimedia content