15.4-Inch Notebook Gives New Angle to Multimedia, Mobility and Performance
Lenovo announced the ThinkPad T60 widescreen notebook PC, the company’s first-ever 15.4-inch widescreen T Series notebook. Starting at only 5.1 pounds, the ThinkPad T60 widescreen is the lightest 15.4-inch widescreen notebook among the top five PC vendors1 and continues the T Series’ heritage of innovation and performance.
Widescreen PCs are increasingly becoming popular choices for users. According to Gartner, Inc.2, “numerous technology transitions during 2006, including widescreen format options, have become more prevalent along with higher resolution.”
“As the widescreen PC’s popularity spills over from the consumer market to business customers, the new ThinkPad T60 widescreen is giving users more choices,” said Sam Dusi, executive director for marketing, Lenovo Notebook Business Unit. “The new notebook gives business users the functions they need, like multiple connectivity options and strong graphics capabilities in a thin and light widescreen form.”
The 15.4-inch ThinkPad T60 widescreen display is shorter in height than a 15-inch ThinkPad T60 standard display, allowing frequent flyers to gain more space between the open widescreen and backrest in front of them. This size screen display will aid in evaluating spreadsheets and data on an airplane or in other travel situations. In addition to accommodating tight physical spaces, the 15.4-inch ThinkPad T60 widescreen WXGA display allows 30 percent more data on the screen than either today’s current 14.1-inch or 15-inch ThinkPad T60 XGA displays. This extra room helps “power presenters” maximize the screen view.
The extra screen real estate also gives users four more columns for spreadsheets and improves multi-tasking with multiple windows side-by-side for easier online shopping, Web browsing, digital photography manipulation, video presentation development and DVD movie viewing. A choice of Intel integrated graphics or ATI discrete graphics capabilities on an optional WSXGA+ screen helps business users develop vivid and impactful multimedia presentations on the new widescreen notebook.
The ThinkPad T60 widescreen also packs in performance, offering customers wireless connectivity options including integrated 3G WWAN3 on Cingular or Verizon networks, an embedded WLAN card based on 802.11n technology4, Bluetooth Wireless Technology and Infrared. The ThinkPad T60 widescreen notebook comes loaded with Access Connections, a ThinkVantage Technology that helps users easily connect to the Internet through their service provider as they switch between wired and wireless networks.
The new notebook provides up to eight hours of battery life with a nine-cell battery (select models)5, and its thin form factor starts at 1.1-inch6. The ThinkPad T60 widescreen notebook is equipped with the latest Intel Core2 Duo processors, and customers will be ready for the next operating system with the option of Microsoft Windows Vista Capable or Vista Premium Ready models.
The airbag-like Active Protection System and a spill-resistant keyboard are part of the ThinkPad T60 widescreen’s durable system. The notebook also comes loaded with the latest Lenovo security tools, such as the Embedded Security System and an optional fingerprint reader, that help fight against unauthorized access to data.
The ThinkPad T60 widescreen is also available as a mobile workstation, equipped with powerful features to allow users in numeric-intensive and traditionally desk-locked occupations to work in any mobile environment.
Pricing and Availability7
Prices for the ThinkPad T60 widescreen start at $1,399. Models will be available for purchase beginning November 28, 2006.
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is dedicated to building the world’s best engineered personal computers. Lenovo’s business model is built on innovation, operational efficiency and customer satisfaction as well as a focus on investment in emerging markets. Formed by Lenovo Group’s acquisition of the former IBM Personal Computing Division, the company develops, manufactures and markets reliable high-quality, secure and easy-to-use technology products and services worldwide. Lenovo has major research centers in Yamato, Japan; Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen, China; and Raleigh, North Carolina. For more information, see www.lenovo.com/us/en.
- Based on manufacturer’s published figures for travel (or starting at) weight of 15.4-inch widescreen notebooks and results for the top 10 vendors in third quarter 2006 for worldwide portables shipments, including standard and widescreen, as reported by IDC. ThinkPad travel weight includes standard battery and optional travel bezel in place of standard optical drive, if applicable; weight may vary due to options.
- Gartner, Recommended Notebook Configurations 2H06 Update, November 9, 2006.
- WWAN Service Providers: Requires separate agreement with select third party service provider, and is subject to credit approval and applicable service agreement/terms, rate plan and coverage maps of the provider. Service is available in select metropolitan markets, not available in all areas. Service provider, not Lenovo, is solely responsible for service. Lenovo customers may be contacted after purchase to activate service. Special credit and tenure restrictions and additional charges may apply to international roaming. A network connection, third-party software, additional hardware, and/or subscription to a third-party service may be required for certain solutions/applications. Additional restrictions apply. Offer subject to change.
- The IEEE 802.11n specification has not been finalized and is currently in draft release. The ThinkPad 11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapters are based on the Draft Release, Version 1.0, of the IEEE 802.11n specification. An adapter with 11a/b, 11a/b/g, or 11a/b/g/n can communicate on any of its supported formats; the actual connection will be based on the access point to which it connects.
- These models achieved Battery Rundown Time of at least the time shown during testing. Battery life (and recharge times) will vary based on many factors including screen brightness, applications, features, power management, battery conditioning and other customer preferences.
- Thinness may vary at certain points on the system.
- Prices do not include tax or shipping and are subject to change without notice. Reseller prices may vary. Price does not include all advertised features. All offers subject to availability. Lenovo reserves the right to alter product offerings and specifications at any time without notice.