Lenovo announced the 13-inch IdeaPad U300 ultraportable notebook that is just slightly thicker and heavier than the soon to be released IdeaPad U300s Ultrabook. The extra size provides a performance boost with faster 2nd generation Intel Core processor options, but trades off a couple hours less battery life.
The IdeaPad U300 is 0.7″ (18.3mm) thin and weighs in at 3.5 lbs (1.58kg) with Intel GMA HD 3000 graphics for the 13.3″ HD display. Its book-shaped design combines tactile materials like the full-aluminum shell and cool-touch palmrest, with smart technologies including the Long Life Battery that provides up to 6 hour productive usage time. The unique Breathable Keyboard allows air to enter through the keys, so the PC can run cooler on your lap, while Enhanced Experience 2.0 with optional RapidDrive SSD technology boots Windows in as little as 16 seconds.
If size is less of a concern consider the still stylish, yet slightly larger 14-inch IdeaPad U400 which adds an integrated slot-loading DVD-RW drive and better graphics with an AMD Radeon HD6470M 1GB option.
IdeaPad U300 Features
- Up to 2nd generation Intel Core i7 processor with Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- Up to Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
- Boot in as little as 16 seconds with Enhanced Experience 2.0 RapidDrive SSD technology
- 13.3″ slim LED HD display (1366×768), 16:9 widescreen
- Intel GMA HD 3000 graphics
- Up to 4GB DDR3 memory, up to 1TB HDD storage, up to 64GB SSD storage (RapidDrive SSD)
- Integrated Bluetooth and high-speed 802.11n Wi-Fi
- External DVD reader/writer
- Integrated USB2.0 & USB3.0 connectors
- Integrated 1.3M (720p HD) webcam
Pricing and Availability
The Lenovo IdeaPad U300 will be available November 2011. Check price →