Now includes a built-in iPod dock and USB Host
The JVC Kaboom is back and updated for the digital age. The legendary boombox, first launched in 1998 and renowned for its high power and durability, remains true to its heritage, but now includes a built-in iPod dock and USB Host.
The new JVC RV-NB50 Kaboom boasts 40 watts of power and retains the original’s general design — a large cylindrical shape with a woofer at each end. Bass enhancement circuitry ensures room-rattling low frequency performance. Digital era upgrades include the iPod dock, which is shielded from the elements by a protective door, and USB Host for playback of music files stored on a USB mass storage device. In addition, there’s a CD player that can handle MP3 and WMA file playback, and an FM tuner. For additional flexibility, there’s a front audio input. A remote control makes it easy to operate while a shoulder strap makes it a cinch to carry.
The JVC RV-NB50 Kaboom is available this month for $299.95.
- 40W Total Power
- Dock for iPod with Twist Auto Lock Door
- Plays CD, CD-R/RW, MP3/WMA (CD-R/RW, USB)
- FM Digital Tuner with 30 Presets
- 3-3/16″ (8cm) Full-Range Speakers
- Back-Illuminated LCD (Blue)
- 1-bit D/A Converter
- USB Host
- Twin 5-1/8″ (13cm) Super Woofers with Level Controls
- 4-Amp Configuration
- MP3/WMA Playback
- 4 Preset Sound Modes
- Program (30 Tracks)/Random/Repeat Play
- Full-Function Remote Control
- Shoulder Strap
- Headphone Jack on Back
- Works with Batteries