With more vehicles offering large door speaker locations, the time is right for a superb 8-inch component woofer that can dig deep and deliver world-class midbass impact and definition. New from the ground up, and incorporating many technologies borrowed from JL Audio’s subwoofer designs, the ZR800-CW will quickly become a favorite for those who seek the ultimate mobile audio experience.
A proprietary cast alloy frame supports the ZR800-CW’s DMA-optimized motor, FEA-optimized spider, injection-molded cone body and a Santoprene surround. Another important aspect of this speaker’s capabilities centers on its oversized 1.75-inch voice coil (cooled via JL Audio’s Patented Elevated Frame Technology), which enables the ZR800-CW to comfortably handle power while retaining excellent linearity and dynamic stability. For optimal performance, we recommend that they be used in a tri-amplified system design with dedicated amplifier channels and active filtering.
ZR800-CW’s are built in JL Audio’s Miramar, Florida factory and are sold individually with a classy mesh grille to match our ZR component systems.
Exceptional Infinite-Baffle Midbass Performance
- Exceptional Infinite-Baffle Midbass Performance, Effective Down to 40 Hz
- High Power Handling, Long Excursion Design
- Shallow Mounting Depth
- Perfect for Newer Cars with Large Door Locations
- Precision-Built in U.S.A
- Nominal Diameter: 8.0 in. (200 mm)
- Continuous Power Handling: 125 W
- Xmax: 0.31 in. (7.9 mm) one-way, linear
- Impedance: 4 ohm
- Mounting Depth: 3.39 in. (86 mm)
- MSRP: $229.95 ea.
- Availability: April, 2008
- Made in the USA