Flagship Home Theater Receiver Adds 4K HDBaseT Support
Integra today announced two flagship home theater components to their reference-grade Research Series. The new models include the DRX-R1.1 11.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver and DRC-R1.1 11.2-Channel Network A/V Controller are expected to arrive in March 2018. Both are the first products in their respective categories to incorporate 4K HDBaseT circuitry which allows for the transmission of 4K/60fps/ 4:4:4/UHD/HDR-10/Dolby Vision content up to 100 meters away over Cat 5/6/7 wiring. Each new “dot 1” model succeeds the DRC-R1 and DRX-R1 (without the “dot 1”) that are nearly identical without 4K HDBaseT support.
Additionally, both units support Dolby Atmos and DTS:X formats up to 7.2.4 channels; multi-zone processing; wireless technologies such as Chromecast built-in with Google Assistant voice control and DTS Play-Fi multi-room hi-fi music streaming; and hand-selected components. Each model also includes 8 HDMI in (1 Front*), main out, and sub / Zone 2 out with support for HDCP 2.2, 4 K / 60 Hz, Dolby Vision, HDR 10, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), WCG (Wide Color Gamut), extended (sYCC601, Adobe RGB, Adobe YYC601), and BT.2020 video pass-through.
The DRX-R1.1 is a flagship THX Certified Select network home theater receiver with unsurpassed quality, power at 140-watts per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 channels driven, FTC) and all the latest 4K video support and multi-channel audio processing present in the DRC-R1.1. It also shares the same design concept using copper screws to lock modular circuitry blocks to a double-skinned insulated frame, additional internal bracing to enhance the products anti-resonant characteristics, floating circuit boards, multiple 32-bit DSPs and DACs, plus a custom shielded power supply and shielded amplification, all of which harmonize to isolate signals from noise. The result is absolute sonic purity at earth-shaking volume through High-Current Amplifier Design featuring custom-made magnetic-flux low-hum EI power transformer.
* Front HDMI Input does not support 4K/60p, Dolby Vision, HDR10, BT.2020, or HDCP 2.2.
Price and Availability
The Integra DRX-R1.1 11.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver will be available for $3,300.00 US ($4,500.00 CAN) March 2018.
- THX Select2 Plus Certified for Theater Reference Sound
- Supports DTS:X and Dolby Atmos Formats Up to 7.2.4 Channels
- 4K / 60 Hz-Capable HDMI Terminals Supporting High Dynamic Range (HDR), 4:4:4 Color Space, BT.2020, and HDCP 2.2 for UltraHD Entertainment*1
- 8 HDMI Inputs (1 Front / 7 Rear), Main Out, and Zone 2 Output (4K / HDR / HDCP 2.2)
- HDBaseT Port for Multimedia Distribution Assignable to Main / Zone 2
- Chromecast built-in*2, AirPlay, for App-based Wireless Audio Streaming
- Internet Radio and Music Streaming Subscription Services Included (TuneIn Radio, Pandora®, Spotify, Deezer, and TIDAL)*3
- Play Compressed, Lossless, and Hi-Res Audio via Local Network (MP3, WMA, FLAC, WAV, AAC, Apple Lossless, and DSD 11.2 MHz)
- FlareConnect*2 Multi-room Network and Analog Wireless Audio Distribution to Compatible Components and Speakers
- AccuEQ Room Calibration Featuring AccuReflex Phase-Alignment Technology for Object-based Sound (Mic Included)
- Hybrid High-Current Digital Amplifier Provides Identical and Consistent Power to All Channels
- Hand-selected Audio-Grade Parts, Customized Capacitors and Transformer, for Low Impedance, High-Current Power Delivery
- Isolated Analog and Digital Circuitry to Reduce Interference
- Multiple SHARC 32-bit Floating-Point DSPs for High Performance Audio Processing
- Independent Differential DACs: 384 kHz / 32-bit AK4490 (Front L / R), 768 kHz / 32-bit AK4458 (Surround Channels)
- Construction Transparent Binding Posts, Copper Highlights, Additional Internal Bracing, Shielding and Chassis Stiffening
- Discrete 192 kHz / 24-bit AK4388 Stereo DACs (x2) for Zone 2 and Zone 3
- VLSC Technology for Noise-free Signal Path on All Channels
- Bi-Amping Capability for Front Channels
- Control and Stream with Free Integra Control Pro Apps for iPod touch / iPhone / iPad*4 and Android Devices*5
- Hybrid Standby Function with HDMI Passthrough
*1 6G 4:4:4 video and HDCP 2.2 is supported on HDMI inputs 1–5, Main Out, and Zone 2 Out.
*2 Enabled via firmware update.
*3 Availability of services depends on region. Some services may require a paid subscription and firmware update. Availability of third-party services advertised here is accurate at the time of publication, but may be subject to change without notice.
*4 All models require iOS 8.0 or later.
*5 Requires Android 4.0.3 or later.
- 200 Watts per Channel at 6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 1 Channel Driven, FTC 140 Watts per Channel at 8 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven, FTC
- H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) Massive High Power Transformer
- Advanced Music Optimizer to Improve Compressed Digital Audio Quality
- Mass Storage Class USB Memory Playback Capability
- Independent Crossover Adjustment for Each Channel (40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120 / 130 / 150 / 180 / 200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (-100ms to +500 ms in 1 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
- 2 Composite Video Inputs
- 5 Digital Audio Inputs (3 Optical and 2 Coaxial)
- 6 Analog Audio Inputs
- Phono Input (MM) for Turntable Connection
- 11.2 Multichannel Pre Outs (Including Discrete Subwoofers)
- Graphical Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI with Quick Set-Up
- Tone Control (Bass / Treble) for All Channels (Except LFE)
- 40 FM / AM and 40 Internet Radio Station Presets
Custom Integration Features
- Powered Zone 2 / 3, and Zone 2 / 3 Pre- / Line-Out for Distributed Audio Playback
- Independent Zone 2 / Zone 3 Tone Control (Bass / Treble)
- Bi-Directional Ethernet and RS232 Port for Control
- Max Power / Power On Volume Settings for Main Zone / Zone 2 / Zone 3
- Zone 2 DAC for HDMI IN 1-5, SPDIF (PCM), NET, and USB Sources
- Zone3 DAC for NET and USB Sources
- Whole House Mode for Synchronized Housewide Audio
- Dealer Settings Memory Store and Recall with Lock / Unlock and PC Software Support
- 2 IR Inputs and 1 Output
- 3 Programmable 12 V Triggers (with Adjustable Delay)
- Smart Grid-ready
- Optional Rack-Mount Kit Available (IRK-180-4C)
- RIHD (Remote Interactive Over HDMI) for System Control (Compatibility depends on respective model.)