First AT&T Quick Messaging Phone Based on Brew Mobile Platform
The HTC Freestyle is the first of a new generation of quick messaging phones from AT&T designed to run on Brew Mobile Platform. By installing Brew MP across quick messaging phones, which traditionally have had operating systems specific to each device maker, software developers will be able to write an application and generally be able to offer it to Brew Mobile Platform-based phones from AT&T. Specifically, Brew MP allows AT&T and developers to more easily offer smartphone-like applications to customers who want a full-featured messaging phone. AT&T plans for future quick messaging phones to operate on Brew MP.
The HTC Freestyle features a premium design with a 3.2-inch touch screen display clad in an aluminum unibody construction. It is also the first quick messaging phone to feature the HTC Sense experience with customizable widgets and FriendStream app for social networking integration, a full HTML browser and 3.2-megapixel camera.
Note this is not an Android-powered cell phone.
- Dimensions: 4.2 x 2.2 x .5
- Display: 3.2″ Full Touch Screen
- Full HTML Browser
- HTC Sense UX with customizable Homescreen widgets and FriendStream
- 3.2-megapixel Camera with Video Record
- AT&T Navigator (Sold separately)
- AT&T Music and AT&T Radio
- UMTS/HSDPA: 850/1900 MHz
- EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- External Memory Support — MicroSD up to 32GB
- 3.5mm headset jack
- Stereo Bluetooth Capable (v2.0)