Harman Kardon Advanced-Technology Audio/Video Receivers Introduced with Best-in-Class Performance, Versatility and Design
Harman Kardon, Inc., announced today the introduction of its 7.1-channel AVR 354 and AVR 254 and its 5.1-channel AVR 154 audio/video receivers. The company is also introducing its HK 3490 and HK 3390 stereo receivers.
The new 7.1-channel A/V receivers offer expanded features, flexibility and connectivity options, including HDMI 1.3a capability, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding, a groundbreaking graphical on-screen menu system, an improved interface for iPod using The Bridge II* docking station for iPod** from Harman Kardon (AVR 354 only), and many additional enhancements. All five receivers have a distinctively elegant, refined appearance.
The multichannel receivers all offer HDMI 1.3a functionality, and pass video signals to 1080p. In addition, the AVR 354 and AVR 254 incorporate an exclusive high-definition full-color on-screen menu system that guides users in setting up their home entertainment system. Other features (depending on the model) include, 1080p video upscaling; Deep Color compatibility; EzSet/EQ automated system calibration; multiroom operation; and more.
Suggested retail pricing for the receivers is as follows: AVR 354, $899; AVR 254, $649; AVR 154, $399 (available late spring 2008); HK 3490, $499; HK 3390, $399 (available May 2008).
Harman Kardon Audio/Video Receivers: Main Features
- AVR 354, 7 x 75 watts; 2 x 75 watts in stereo; and ±35 amps of high-current capability
- AVR 254, 7 x 50 watts; 2 x 65 watts in stereo; and ±35 amps of high-current capability
- AVR 154, 5 x 30 watts; 2 x 40 watts in stereo; and ±25 amps of high-current capability
- All power outputs rated into 8 ohms, 20Hz — 20kHz, <0.07% THD; all receivers feature high-current, ultrawide-bandwidth amplifier sections
Audio and Video Connectivity
- Exclusive, high-definition on-screen menu system (all models except AVR 154) and simplified remote control operation
- Three-input HDMI 1.3a with Deep Color video switching (AVR 354, AVR 254)
- Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS Master Audio capability (all models except AVR 154)
- Multichannel PCM digital audio output from compatible HDMI program sources (AVR 354, AVR 254)
- AVR 354 and AVR 254 provide HDMI repeater functionality to enable longer HDMI cable lengths between receiver and video display
- Faroudja DCDi Cinema video processing and scaling to 1080p (all models except AVR 154)
- Capable of passing 1080p signals via HDMI and component video outputs
- Extensive array of additional digital and analog video and audio inputs, outputs and switching facilities
- Cross-conversion to component video from composite- and S-video sources (all models except AVR 154)
- AVR 354 is supplied with The Bridge II docking station for iPod from Harman Kardon for audio and video playback, control and charging; AVR 254 and AVR 154 feature mini-jack input for portable audio playback
- AVR 354 and AVR 254 offers multizone/multisource audio capability, including audio playback for iPod (using The Bridge II)
- Rear amplifier channels are assignable to multizone system
Automatic Setup and Advanced Audio Functionality
- EzSet/EQ for automated system calibration and room equalization (AVR 354, AVR 254)
- Lip Sync Delay to compensate for the delay that can occur between the audio and video signals in some home entertainment systems
- Quadruple-Crossover Bass Manager (all models except AVR 154) or Triple-Crossover Bass Manager (AVR 154) enables optimal bass performance for all loudspeakers in the main home-theater room
- Exclusive Logic 7 surround-enhancement technology for enhanced sonic realism from matrix-encoded and stereo audio sources; the receivers offer compatibility with popular surround formats
Additional Performance and Convenience Features
- Proprietary Harman Kardon high-definition, color graphical menu system guides users through system setup and automatically verifies when components are properly configured; on-screen menus are partially transparent, enabling video image to remain visible while menus are in use (AVR 354, AVR 254)
- Input-titling feature enables users to customize the receiver’s on-screen and front-panel displays
- Redesigned remote controls with simplified operation and control layouts (AVR 354, AVR 254)
- Stunning appearance, with a gloss-black upper panel and a dark graphite lower panel, all accented by soft white illumination
Harman Kardon is a business unit of Harman International Industries, Incorporated (http://www.harman.com). Harman International designs, manufactures and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment products for the automotive, consumer and professional markets, and maintains a strong presence in the Americas, Europe and Asia, employing more than 11,000 people worldwide. The Harman International family of brands includes AKG, Audioaccess, Becker, BSS, Crown, dbx, DigiTech, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon, Mark Levinson, Revel, QNX, Soundcraft and Studer. Harman International’s stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “NYSE: HAR.”
Harman Kardon, JBL, AKG, Audioaccess, Becker, BSS, Crown, dbx, DigiTech, Infinity, Lexicon, Mark Levinson, Revel, QNX, Soundcraft and Studer are trademarks of Harman International Industries, Incorporated, registered in the United States and/or other countries. EzSet/EQ is a trademark of Harman International Industries, Incorporated.
HDMI is a trademark of HDMI Licensing LLC.
Dolby is a registered trademark of Dolby Laboratories.
DTS is a registered trademark, and DTS-HD and DTS-HD Master Audio are trademarks, of DTS, Inc.
iPod is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
*The Bridge II is compatible with the Harman Kardon AVR 354, AVR 47 Series, AVR 146, AVR 45 Series and AVR 40 Series receivers, the HK 3490 stereo receiver and the DMC 1000 digital media center. Not compatible with other Harman Kardon products, or with other brands of audio/video equipment.
**Compatible with iPod models with docking connector; including iPod touch and all Click Wheel models. Not compatible with iPod shuffle.Where to Buy