Grain Audio is about to release their Packable Wireless System (PWS), a $249 Bluetooth wireless speaker for listening to music from your smartphone or tablet. As you might guess with a name like “Grain” the speaker enclosure is made of wood — more specifically FSC certified solid walnut. Grain Audio claims their wooden speaker has better visual and acoustic properties over common plastic portable speakers.
The PWS Bluetooth wireless speaker leverages the Grammy Winning Waves MaxxAudio suite found in many famous mixing boards, which aims to deliver music as it was intended to sound. In addition, both Apt-X and AAC codecs are accepted to ensure the highest quality audio standards.
Once the speaker is paired with your Bluetooth device you can start listening. The only buttons are on top of the speaker for volume up/down and power. An AC adapter is included for re-charging, along with 3.5mm cable for wired listening from a headphone jack. The company says the speaker can be played for 8 hours on a single charge.
Price and Availability
The Grain Audio PWS is expected to ship early August 2013 for $249. Pre-orders are now being accepted at grainaudio.com.
- FSC Certified Walnut with hand-applied oil finish
- AAC Support
- Bluetooth 3.0+A2DP with APT-X and AAC technology
- Grammy Award Winning MAXXAUDIO sound processing
- 2 x 2” proprietary loudspeakers
- Proprietary passive radiator
- Rechargeable LiN battery with 8 hours playtime
- Patented Bass Isolation system
- WxDxH- 7″x2 3/8″x3 1/8″ (180mmx60mmx80mm)
In the box:
- Grain Audio PWS
- 1 5V AC adapter
- 1 36” USB cable
- 1 60” 3.5MM cable
- Carry pouch
- Documentation and brand book