Features 4K60 and 1080p240 video and better video stabilization
GoPro today introduced HERO6 Black, a top-of-the-line action camera that shoots 4K60 and 1080p240 video with improved video stabilization for $500. It is all packed into a rugged, waterproof, go-anywhere design. HERO6 claims to offer dramatically improved dynamic range and low-light performance, and has added a touch digital zoom.
GoPro HERO6 Black is powered by a custom-designed GP1 processor which enables twice the video frame rates as HERO5, improved image quality, dynamic range, low-light performance and dramatically improved video stabilization over previous HERO camera generations. Importantly, GP1 automates all of these benefits, allowing users to capture vibrant videos and stunning photos without messing around with complex image settings. GP1 also advances GoPro’s capabilities in computer vision and machine learning, enabling HERO6 to analyze visual scenes and sensor data for improved automated QuikStories.
QuikStories is an app feature that makes it easy to share short videos of your adventures. HERO6 is optimized for QuikStories with 3X faster Wi-Fi. This means your footage will rapidly transfer from your GoPro to your phone where the GoPro App will automatically create QuikStory videos for you.
- Powered by GoPro’s Custom-Designed GP1 Processor
- 4K60 and 1080p240 Video
- QuikStories Enabled, GoPro App Compatible
- Most Advanced Stabilization of any HERO camera
- All-New Touch Zoom
- 3x Faster Offload Speeds via 5GHz Wi-Fi
- Waterproof to 33 Feet (10m)
- Compatible with Karma and Existing GoPro Mounts
- Improved Dynamic Range and Low-Light Performance
- RAW and HDR Photo Modes
- Voice Control in 10 Languages
- GPS, Accelerometer and Gyroscope
- WiFi + Bluetooth
Price and Availability
GoPro HERO6 Black is now available for $499.99 worldwide.
Where to Buy