Gefen today announced that its GefenTV Home Theater Audio Processor (model GTV-HT-AUDPROC) and optional five-set, wall-mountable speakers are now shipping. These two products work in concert to enable a plug and play method of creating surround sound audio in any room using primarily audio extracted from the HDMI input from any Blu-ray player, gaming system or set-top box. A digital audio input is also available.
The GefenTV Home Theater Audio Processor comes equipped with a variety of both analog and digital audio connections so consumers can select the best sound delivery for their particular entertainment system. There are six analog (25 watts RMS per channel) RCA outputs that support 5.1 Dolby surround sound and can connect to any amplifier achieve the perfect combination of amp/pre-amp so desired in home theater systems. Front right and left channels are bi-amped to improve sound quality.
Powered speakers can be connected directly to the Home Theater Audio Processor's left, right, front left, front right, rear left, rear right, subwoofer and center positions. Finally, one coax input can be passed through in both TOSlink and coax formats, directly connecting digital audio to an existing A/V receiver.
The one HDMI input that supplies audio for the Processor is also split and delivered to two HDMI outputs at the same time, allowing for dual screens or HDTV displays to be connected locally. Both HDMI outputs deliver 1080p full HD video with deep color and 3DTV pass-through capability, as well as multi-channel audio supporting lip sync, Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio.
A high contrast LCD display and front panel buttons on the Home Theater Audio Processor give access to a variety of control features and status information so consumers can finely tune the entire system. An IR remote control and RS-232 connection are also included for full control.
- Separates digital audio from the HDMI or of S/PDIF inputs and decodes up to 5.1 channels of digital audio
- Splits one HDMI input source into 2 mirrored HDMI outputs
- Supported audio formats: Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic, and Dolby Pro Logic II decoding
- Test tone for system diagnostics
- Outputs line-level analog audio up to 5.1 channels using RCA connectors
- Outputs amplified analog audio at 25 Watts per channel RMS on external speaker terminals
- LCD status display for full selection menu
- IR control
- RS-232 control
- Field-upgradable firmware
- External / Internal EDID management
- Small in size
- This product is HDMI and HDCP-compliant
- Pixel Clock: 165 MHz
- Input DDC Signal: 5 V p-p (TTL)
- Single Link Range: 1080p @ 60 Hz (max.)
- Maximum Power Output: 25 W RMS
- Digital Audio Input: 1 x S/PDIF coaxial
- HDMI Input: 1 x HDMI Female 19-pin
- HDMI Outputs: 2 x HDMI Female 19-pin
- Digital Audio Output: 1 x S/PDIF coaxial
- Digital Audio Output: 1 x TOSLINK optical
- Speaker Outputs: 7 total (5 five-way binding posts + 2 additional binding posts for Bi-Amp)
- Analog Audio Outputs: 8 total (6 analog audio RCA jacks + 2 additional RCA jacks for Bi-Amp)
- Supported Audio Formats:Dolby Digital 5.1 (AC3), Dolby Pro Logic II, LPCM up to 6 channels, Audio Decoding: Dolby Digital 5.1 (AC3), Dolby Pro Logic II
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 90dB (20 Hz – 20 kHz A-weight filter)
- THD+N: < 0.1% at 1 kHz at reference level
- Frequency Response: < ±0.5 dB 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Power Supply: 24 V DC
- Dimensions: 6.9″ W x 2.1″ H x 6.9″ D
- Shipping Weight: 6 lbs.