FujiFilm X-M1 Compact System Camera
FujiFilm just announced the 16-megapixel X-M1 Wi-Fi digital camera, the company’s third X-Series interchangeable lens system camera, which includes the same 16.3 Megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS sensor used in the X-Pro1 and X-E1. The sensor offers a unique color filter array that minimizes moiré and false color without the need for an optical low pass filter. This makes it possible for the camera to maximize extremely high resolution, and to capture each image with accuracy and clarity when using high performance FUJINON lenses. The camera’s WiFi button that lets users transfer photos and movies from the camera to smartphones, tablets and computers allowing enthusiasts to upload high quality images to social media sites for easy sharing.
With the X-M1, users can set the sensor sensitivity from ISO200 to as high as ISO6400 in 1/3 step increments, and even take advantage of the extended range of ISO100 and ISO25600 to obtain amazingly clear and low-noise images even in low-light conditions when shooting at night or indoors. Together with the EXR Processor II, the X-M1 gives customers incredible speed and response times with a start-up time of 0.5 seconds, a shutter time lag of 0.05 seconds and a maximum burst speed of 5.6 frames per second (max. 30 frames).
The X-M1 also features a 3” tilting high resolution LCD screen with 920,000 dots for easy image viewing and framing at various angles. The 3” LCD monitor tilts at variable vertical angles, facilitating both low-angle and high-angle shots whether on or off a tripod.
The X-M1 will ship with a newly-designed FUJINON XC16-50mm (24-76mm) F3.5-5.6 OIS zoom lens that allows enthusiast photographers to capture crystal clear wide angle to mid-telephoto range images. The XC16-50mm is a versatile lens that is ideal for a wide range of photographic subjects, including stunning low-light scenes, true to life portraits and rich colorful landscapes. The lens consists of 12 all glass elements in 10 groups including 3 aspherical elements and 1 ED element. The lens features seven round-edged aperture blades, which offer 17 stops in 1/3 EV increments for precise aperture control.
The X-M1 gives users additional flexibility with its built-in high precision flash, with the guide number 7, and Super Intelligent Flash technology that automatically controls flash strength according to scene types to reduce highlight clipping. The Mode Dial for selecting the optimum setting for each scene gives access to the Advanced SR Auto function, which automatically recognizes each scene and selects the best settings for sharp and clear images.
The Advanced Filter function gives users a range of creative filters to apply and achieve unique and artistic looks. The use of two perfectly positioned Command Dials allows users to effortlessly adjust the aperture, shutter speed and exposure compensation, while frequently-used functions are given individual buttons, thereby enabling intuitive and quick operation.
The mirrorless X-M1 weighs just 11.6oz and measures 4.6” W by 2.6” H by 1.5” D, about half the size of a traditional DSLR body. With a slim profile of 1.3” at its trimmest point, the X-M1 is easily carried anywhere, and can be trusted to deliver high-quality images.
FUJIFILM X-M1 key features list:
- 16.3 Megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS sensor
- EXR Processor II
- Start-up time of 0.5
- Shutter lag time of 0.05
- Shooting interval time of 0.7
- 3” (920K dot) tilting high resolution LCD screen
- Full range of ISO100 – ISO25600
- Wireless image transfer
- Q Menu shortcut button
- In-camera RAW processing
- Film Simulation modes (Velvia, ASTIA, PROVIA, Sepia, and Black & White)
- 8 Advanced Filters (Toy Camera, Miniature, Dynamic Tone, Pop Color, Soft Focus, High Key, Low Key and Partial Color)
- Multiple Exposure mode to superimpose a second exposure on the first exposure
- Full HD movie 1080P\30fps and built-in stereo microphone
- Available accessories include: Leather Case, Hand Grip, and Clip-on Flash
FUJINON XC16-50mm (24-76mm) F3.5-5.6 OIS
- 24-76mm equivalent F3.5-5.6 lens
- Fully compatible with FUJIFILM X-Mount
- 12 all glass elements in 10 groups including 3 aspherical elements and 1 ED element
- Seven round-edged aperture blades, which offer 17 stops in 1/3 EV steps
- The FUJIFILM X-M1 uses the same FUJIFILM X-Mount as the X-Pro1 and X-E1, and all FUJIFILM XF and XC lenses will work with all X-Series interchangeable lens cameras
Price and Availability
- The FUJIFILM X-M1 (body only) will be available in black and silver in July 2013 for $699.95.
- The FUJIFILM X-M1 and XC16-50mm (24-76mm) F3.5-5.6 OIS lens (kit) will be available in July 2013 for $799.95.
- The FUJIFILM X-M1 (body only) will be available in brown in August 2013 for $699.95.